Former ED in 7th year of recovery :)

Options
Hello! I am new here and wanted to introduce myself.

I was bulimic/anorexic for 17 years and in my 7th year of recovery.

Losing weight for me is a struggle as I have to navigate triggers, but I would like to try :)

I have some emotional weight left on I would like to shed.

Thanks!

Replies

• dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    welcome to a very supportive place!! good luck in your journey!
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! Just want to welcome you! I love this site and find it very helpful in many, many weighs:laugh: I really love watching my ticker change as I lose weight! That is so much incentive! The calorie counter is fantastic! The support from other members is unending! I pray you are successful in your weight loss endeavor and achieve a healthy balance in your life!

I am 49 years old, have lost 39 pounds so far and yes, I did have Lap-Band surgery to assist me, after decades of playing the yo-yo game with no success! Now it is all about eating healthy, eating small portions and exercising! I just had a hysterectomy April 1st so I have a little recovery time before I can hit the gym, but I can't wait!

Just remember if you feel you are relapsing, DO NOT WAIT, immediately ask for help! We can all give you some emotional support here, but nothing replaces a professional who KNOWS HOW to really help most! I have OCD so I know a bit about addictive disorders:flowerforyou:
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm sure almost anyone on here would be willing to help(:

Trust me, I know what you're going through darling!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Recovering bulimic/ compulsive overeater here! This is a great place for support. Feel free (and please do) add me if you'd like :)
  • lisajane2004
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel very strong in my ED recovery, but as far as losing weight goes...it's tough if you do it the healthy way!!:noway:

I am in grad school for clinical counseling and graduate next year so I have a good support group for ED there...but I just need one for losing this weight.

Getting motivated (and avoiding the cheese) is the hardest for me!

Thanks again.
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :)