Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lean ground beef recipes?

lovinmamaxo
lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
I took some hamburger meat out of the freezer and need some ideas on what to cook w/ it. Any ideas?? =)

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    I say goulash but that's because that's what I feel like with my ground beef...
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Tater tot casserole, or shepherds pie. Both yummy and good for ya (sorta, just add lotsa veg) :o)
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    boil in a bag rice and and i can goya kidney beans makes 4 servings of approx 200 cals each
  • ColeeMae
    ColeeMae Posts: 4
    When I don't know what to do with mine I put 1 package of salt crackers, 2 large eggs and some Lowrey's in a pound of hamburger and just make patties. You can use whatever kind of seasoning you want to change the flavor of it. It's fast and easy, but changes things up some.
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    I took some hamburger meat out of the freezer and need some ideas on what to cook w/ it. Any ideas?? =)

I like to just brown it up, add a homemade marinara sauce with lots of veggies (green peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc) and serve it over baked spaghetti squash..

YUMMY!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Stuffed Peppers, cabbage rolls, stuffed burgers, I'm hungry now. Check out Allrecipes.com for good recipes.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Sheppard's Pie

Lean Ground beef (Don't drain your beef - this will add plenty of flavor and used as a substitute for butter/margarine)
    Mashed potatoes (these can be red potatoes)
    Peas (canned or thawed)
    Shredded Cheese (low fat or 2%)

This dish is a layered dish.

Bottom layer - Mashed potatoes
    Middle layer - Peas
    Next layer - Lean ground beef
    Top layer - Shredded Cheese
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    You can make a vegetable beef soup...
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member