i dont know what to eat

Options
when i exercise a lot, and go into the negative nets, i don't know what to eat! i'm REALLLY picky, and a vegetarian so i can't get calories from meat.. any ideas?

Replies

• bigc150
    bigc150 Posts: 13
    Options
    eggs are always a good deal!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    High calorie good for you options include nuts, nut butters, avocado and similar items
  • mindspinmegs311
    mindspinmegs311 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would suggest yogurt, depending on what kind of vegetarian you are. Greek yogurt especially since it is higher in protein. If you're strict about animal products like gelatin, read the labels. I was a vegetarian for a year and had a hard time finding yogurt without gelatin in it. You can do soy yogurt, too.

Another good choice is peanut butter and toast. Good protein, fats and carbohydrates, great for after a workout and great for a bedtime snack.

And if you eat eggs, an egg is a great source of protein and nutrition. If you want to watch your saturated fat intake, just do the egg white or have one whole egg with one egg white for extra protein and calories.

What about a smoothie with some protein powder, or make it with the Greek yogurt if that works for you?

(Can you tell I do this a lot for my job? lol)
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Beans, nuts, avocado, and whole grains. I love mixing beans with veggies like spinach, onions, etc - eat it hot for dinner and then as a cold salad the next day for lunch! If you don't like beans, eat hummus and "trick" yourself! Or make pesto with pine nuts and put it on whole grain pasta.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Wish I had that problem... :happy:
    Here goes:
    Nuts, bananas, peanut butter, fruit juice, yogurt, pasta, salad dressing (you can get a lot of cals in that), breakfast cereal, butter.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Beans! I am going to make up a new soup recipe on Sunday, a take off of the Beef Stew I made the other day, but without beef! It was so good, but I wanted to try to make a meat free version, I will be adding beans instead of the beef and more veggies. I will send you the recipe as soon as I actually make the soup...I am totally winging it! It'll also be a soup you could make in a big batch and freeze individual servings!