Housework Work Outs

Options
You can burn calories by doing your everyday household chores. I am trying to lose weight, but the walking is killing my thighs. Sooo. I decided to use my chores as cardio as well. Who else does this?

Replies

• bamagirl2020
    Options
    I've only done it once because I wasn't able to make it to the gym that day. I cleaned the house for about 2 hours straight and MFP said I had burned around 170 calories. Not too bad.

Usually though, I do not log them. I like to think of the calories I burn cleaning, walking to class, or walking my dog as extra bonus calories I have burned.

Part of the reason I don't log them is because I am afraid the counter will be wrong and overestimate my calories burned. Then in turn, I will eat "exercise calories" that I don't really have. Does that make sense? Sorry if I didn't explain it well enough...it's kind of hard to put into words.
  • AngieOnTheBeach
    AngieOnTheBeach Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well the other day I cleaned the house for FIVE hours straight, so I logged it as 4 hours, just incase it did over do it, but I mean when you're doing that much it should definitly count. However, if you were just doing it sporatically (Sp) then I'd say the gym or a walk should be done as well, just my opinion though.