Pet Peeve

Options
NicolCook
NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
Anyone have a pet peeve that almost seems to control you?

I try so hard not to be anal about it, but I absolutely cannot stand mouth noises. When I am around people and they are eating, I cringe if they make noises. If I am at home and my boyfriend is eating, I go to youtube and put in my earphones until he is done eating.

Really don't wanna be like that, but I don't know what to do about it? What is yours???

Replies

• MeganH81
    MeganH81 Posts: 38
    Options
    you're nicer than I'd be... I'd find the closest roll of duct tape
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Oh man I have tons...when people throw laundry INFRONT of the laundry hamper, not in it, when the guy at work puts the envelope he wants couried right on my keyboard while I'm working, instead of on the top of my receptionist desk, people who don't answer the phone when it's ringing, people who don't use their signal lights, toothpaste in the sink, unsolicited advice, levi's and cowboy boots...the list goes on...but I've learned to keep my mouth shut
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Hearing people eat/chew. Even if their mouth is closed. It drives me up the wall! I will leave the kitchen if needed
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a pet peeve that almost seems to control you?

I try so hard not to be anal about it, but I absolutely cannot stand mouth noises. When I am around people and they are eating, I cringe if they make noises. If I am at home and my boyfriend is eating, I go to youtube and put in my earphones until he is done eating.

Really don't wanna be like that, but I don't know what to do about it? What is yours???

Omg I'm the exact same way!! When my brother does it I yell at him to eat like a human, and when my boyfriend does it, sometimes I'll say something and sometimes I won't, because usually he's not being a slob-it's just normal eating noises. I just happen to be very sensitive to it I guess! One time a girl sat next to me in a college classroom with the movie theater-type seating and was making such AWFUL noises while drinking her coffee during the WHOLE class....My skin was crawling and I don't know how I did not say something or walk out because so many things were running through my head that I wanted to say to her! lol Ugh it drives me crazy!
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    Hearing people eat. Ugh chew with your mouth closed. Snoring and when someones nose is whistling. Actually, I can't stand hearing people breathe all together. LOL!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    People in general annoy me! Bwhahahahahaha ~just kidding! Well, sorta kidding;)
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah mie is definitely the same as yours! And I'm just as bad! My hubby gets so mad but I can't help but make a face when he's eating/drinking. Those noised GROSS ME OUT!!! :-D I also have had to leave the room before to avoid yelling at someone, "Close your freaking mouth!!!" LOL
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    Hearing people eat/chew. Even if their mouth is closed. It drives me up the wall! I will leave the kitchen if needed

aww.. omg.. so wait.. how do you go out to dinners with people?!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    So glad I am not alone! I told my sisters when I was younger that I hated it and one of them came up to my ear and chewed some ice. I totally wanted to rip her face off.......

Wondering if I will ever outgrow this or if I am cursed to hate it forever :mad:

Pretty much anything else, I am a loving, easygoing, patient person.... guess we all gotta have something :wink:
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    OMG...I have the same pet peeve...that and I hate people touching my hands and feet....lol

I am befriending you...lol
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Chewing Gum popping!!!!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Mine is weird. I have an awful urge to correct people who use words incorrectly. Right now, I'm biting my tongue to tell my kid that you don't "unthaw" frozen items. :laugh:
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Interruptions.

I am succinct, thoughtful and intelligent. If I haven't finished my sentence, shhhhhhaaaaaaaddddddup until I have !

I also have twin four year old boys.

I can't even finish a complete thought in my brain without being interrupted.

*sigh*

Thanks for that.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yep - the mouth noises for me too. Makes me want to hit the person that's doing it. No really.... it hits that "KILL IT!" nerve every single time - you know, the same one that goes off when you can hear the mosquito buzzing around your head at night but can't see it to squish it? The worst part is that my 8 year old is an open mouth eater. I just grit my teeth and repeatedly (sometimes not quite so nicely as the first time) remind him. My bf slurps his soup. Omg, I have to actually leave the HOUSE! Thank goodness I don't have bricks handy from the living room. LOL I seriously want to throw something very heavy at either one of them during these times. And drinking.. people who drink loud. OMG.. PLEASE can I just... choke you until you stop swallowing??? PLEASE???? I know loud swallowers can't help it but do not expose your throat in my direction if you're one of them.

I don't know why... I really don't but I think this is about the absolutely absurd "pet peeve" I have. I have normal ones, sure.. TG named off a few. This one's pretty ridiculous though and I know it but that doesn't change my response to it, unfortunately.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My sister in law has the mouth noise thing.

Mine is slow drivers and when anyone tries to touch my knees. *shiver* Oh and Katy Perry.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Mine is weird. I have an awful urge to correct people who use words incorrectly. Right now, I'm biting my tongue to tell my kid that you don't "unthaw" frozen items. :laugh:

OMG! I hate that too! Not enough to want to kill over it.. but it's pretty irritating! My bf says something is a "delicatessen" all the time adn I finally started correcting him with "delicacy". I think he just kept associating it with the movie and therefore stuck in his head that way; but it does drive me nuts. Oh, and "heighth". There is no 'H' at the end of heighT. See.. no H. There's no such word as "heigth". Ain't is another one. Although I'll use it when I'm being silly, I don't care if it's in the dictionary NOW. It wasn't when I was growing up, it's not a proper contraction, it is NOT a word. lol!!!
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I don't like people who talk too much and too loud. There's a difference between being intellectually outspoken and just having a big gob!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    My mother sounds like a pelican gobbling a minnow when she eats grapefruit. CHEW!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    That mouth noises thing drives me insane! I sometimes just watch my three young children eating their dinner with my one eye twitching as I (overly) calmly tell them they need to chew with their mouth closed... but even when it is closed sometimes it drives me banana's!

Another one is people who touch their cutlery to their teeth... or god forbid actually scrape it. Like seriously, I find that so much worse than nails on a chalkboard... It's making my heart rate go up just thinking about it.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    hyppocrites
    when people have runny noses and snort. ughh i hate that it makes my flesh crawl