New At My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is Cheryl. I am 36 years old. I have been struggling with my weight for years. I am 5' 3" and am about 225 lbs. I need help and motivation and encourgement to help me get through this. I want to become healthy so I don't have any underline health problems. I tried before to diet and exercise but I had no one else to help me or give me encouragement. I hope that this site can help me.

Replies

• dimplesnatcher
    Options
    hey, girl! I hope you reach your weight-loss goals <3
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! I am 49 years old and gained weight with my first child, more with my second and just kept on gaining! I am 4'10" and my small frame went from 98# to my top weight of 196# at one point! On Jan 31st 2011 after decades of playing the yo-yo game, losing, gaining more than I lost etc... At my physicians urging I had Lap-Band Surgery. I have now lost 39 pounds! I am about half way to my goal weight! I am being forced to eat small meals (which I could not sustain before) and I have learned (Finally) to eat all healthy foods! Fish, Poultry, Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, Yams, low-fat cheese wedges, string cheese, Non-fat cottage cheese, 1% Milk, Eggs (twice a week), Almonds, dried beans, Olive Oil or Non-Stick spray! NO fried foods, no sweets, no sodas, no caffeine, lower salt products, no added salt to anything I cook or eat! And as much water as I can get down! Cardio-exercise, walking, strength training! My goal is to be healthy, not skinny!

I wish you all the best for a successful weight loss endeavor! BE HEALTHY! I know you can do it!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Don't worry you can do it! It may take some time but it is worth it. Trust me. In January I weighed 180, (I am also 5ft 3) now I weigth 154.
    I just push through the bad times. I bought me a scale from Walmart about 20$. I weigh all my food especially the meat, this helps to keep track of my calories. I search alot on the internet for healthier meals. This website is also good for seeing what everyon else is eating and the exercises they do.
    If you want you can add me as a friend. You don't have to do this alone, we will do it together.
    :bigsmile: