Grocery Shopping Day

Options
I need some fresh ideas for lunches, breakfasts, snacks and treats. What are some of your favorites??

Replies

• CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like to take liquid egg whites and microwave them for 45 sec and then place it on 2 pieces of whole wheat bread(Weight Watchers) and spread laughing cow cheese to make a quick breakfast sandwich.:happy:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Plain Oatmeal with fresh fruit (banana for super sweetness and either blackberries, blueberries or strawberries), about 1 Tbsp of your choice of nuts.

Lunch: Any kind of homemade soup...this week I made a Beef Stew with Red Cabbage and Kale

Dinner: You can cook chicken in a skillet w/ a bit of extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, salt & pepper, and when it's browned on both sides, add a can of low salt diced tomatoes, bring to a boil and then lower heat, add a bag of fresh baby spinach, cover for about 5 minutes, check to see if chicken is cooked through. You can serve it just like this or over brown rice or pearled barley.

Snack: Nonfat plain greek yogurt with muesli and a teaspoon of honey drizzled over
  • rks6902
    rks6902 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My work breakfast is old fashioned oats, brown sugar, a chopped apple, 1/2 frozen blueberries and a cut up banana. I get 3 servings of fruit and a serving of whole grains for breakfast.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K bars! There is a new one called raspberry cheesecake and it is amazing! Only 90 calories too!
    Lean pockets are good for lunches and they really fill you up too. My favorite is the meatball and mozzarella one...the whole grain ham and cheddar is great also.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Well, I am a foodie so my lists change often but currently what comes to mind is:

Just bought a bag of pistachios! Haven't had those in months ... yumm! :)

Whole wheat salad wraps ... and Trader Joe's has this killer spicy asian peanut salad dressing too!

I love Mediterranean food so I'm thinking a cold salad of olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, zuchini, basil, etc. mmm ...

I think a nice early spring turkey chilli is good too! Make a batch and save it (or freeze it) for lunches!

Hummous/Pita ...

Gotta have some fresh fish or seafood for the weekend right?! :)

Kabobs are sounding good too ... sounds like a good spring time grilling weekend ...

Well, that's what comes to mind ... for now :)

YBIC,
    ~Matt
  • nitequeen427
    Options
    I faithfully eat Raisin Bran Extra with skim milk every morning. It has lots of fiber and fills me up for the 4 hours i work til my morning break. At lunch i have a salad with spinach leaves and tomatoes. My snack time i LOVE sensible portions veggie staws. You can find them at Sam's Club. They are 130 cals for 38 straws. At supper i sometimes have soft taco shell with steak strips and little cheese and hot sauce, i put it in my george foreman and melt the cheese then add fresh spinach.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    -I like to keep frozen fruit in the freezer for smoothies. Frozen bananas are great because they are sweeter and you might not need to add any sugar. Sometimes I blend them with orange juice, but usually milk to keep the sugar low. If I need sweetener I add Meijer's organic french vanilla creamer.

-Pistachios, as far as I know, these give you the most nuts per serving. 49 nuts per serving.
    - Swiss cheese for sandwiches.
    -fresh spinach. Saute in oil, or nonstick spray. Season with garlic powder and sea salt
    -omlettes with veggies.
    -Whole weat tortillas for your sandwiches. I buy Hormel brand lunchmeat because it is nitrate free. I am not sure on the sodium though.
    -cinamon raisin english muffins, or bagels. The little bagels.
    -sardines in tomato sauce.
    -whatever your favorite veggies are.
    -Tysons grilled chicken breasts. I eat them with a salad and garlic vinaigrette dressing.
    -hot sauce. Love it on pork chops
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    -Pistachios, as far as I know, these give you the most nuts per serving. 49 nuts per serving.

And they are pure awesomeness ... just sayin' :)