Figure Competition Gals...

Options
This is my first time training for a Figure Competition. I am a stay-at-home mom of twins that are 4 and 2 year old. My husband is a Firefighter, so I am a single mom 3 days out of the week. I know it isn't going to always be an easy road, but I really want this. Not only for me, but for my daughter, my husband, and all those around me! I want to inspire those in my life that it doesn't matter how old you are, how many kids you have had, or how much weight you have gained over the year....that if you put your mind to it, it can be achieved!

I hope that we can post encouragement to each other along the way, share tips and get that sculpted body we meant to have!

Remember, Don't trade what you want most for what you want at the moment! I have this on my fridge for a reminder every time those cravings kick in!

Replies

• lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey I love that quote. I'll have to put that on my fridge too for more motivation. Thanks for sharing and you look great btw!
  • twinsmommaplus1
    twinsmommaplus1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It has taken alot of work to get to where I am. I have lost 45 pounds since Sept. 08. I had twins and a single birth within 2 years...so my poor body! I am taking a break from having more kids right now and want to pursue my dream of being a Figure Competitor!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've had friends go the figure comp route and I know what a challenge it can be.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I might have to put that on my fridge!!

So how far out are you?? I don't think I could do all the planning for it and I don't even have kids or anything, so kudos for doing it with kids and everything!!
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I also have considered competing if I get my body to look how I would want it to look. Good luck.
  • twinsmommaplus1
    twinsmommaplus1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was planning on competiting in July, but last month I injured myself and have a herniated disk. So, right now I am planning on competiting in September this year and then April next year. I figure it gives me more time to lean out!
  • AmandaMonique
    Options
    I can't get over how similar our stories are! I'm also training for my first figure competition, I have twin boys and a daughter under 3.
    It started out as just wanting to get active but.. competing just sounds so amazing!!

Good luck with everything that you do!