HCG

Options
Hi, everyone. I have question for everyone. What are your thoughts on the HCG diet? I bought some and am kinda nervous about taking it. I have lost 13 lbs, but I keep going up and down. Now I have gained 2 more lbs, and the the other day 4. I kinda having a hard time controling my food intake so I got this HCG to help. The first 2 days I am suppose to gorge myself with food (which I am scared to do) then after that a strict diet of 500 calories a day. Does anyone have any advice for me. Thank you : )

Replies

• Mst37parks
    Options
    Everyone don't reply all at once....I can't keep up!!! Jk.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Just search! there are literally dozens of threads on this issue. The FDA position is that HCG DOES NOT WORK. It is merly a very low calorie diet with all the risks that accompany that. However, you will find plenty of people who swear by it here and on other boards.
  • pooma
    pooma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know several people that have tried this . None kept the weight off, started gaining back as soon as stopped the gtts. 500 cal is starvation mode. Your body can't be healthy doing that. ooops sorry. I'll shut up so someone else can answer too. :)
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I read up on it and realized... who can't lose weight on 500 calories a day. So, to me, that's the diet and the pills are the gimmick. I wouldn't bother. I'd stick to counting your calories. Good luck!
  • PMTpower
    PMTpower Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I myself am a physician. I've told myself that there is absolutely no way that a shot with a VLCD can achieve the kind of weight loss they are supposedly marketing - svam is what I thought. I started my weight loss yo-yo since I was 12 years old. There have been major ups and downs but I would say a healthy weight for my almost 5 feet frame is about 113-115 lbs. A size 2p and 4p is where I am comfortable with.

When I got out of residency, I started my job as a hospitalist - stressful job where the acuity of patients that I deal is always moderate to high.... I gained about 15-18 lbs. I was hitting the scale at 132. Bad food, bad habits, stress hormones etc....

I started with my fitness pal and kept my diet at my goal 1200 kcal. Nothing happened in 2 weeks that's with exercise and weight training. I decided to see if hcg would work. I researched everything about it - I went to a naturopathic md who supplies the intramuscular shots - it will cost you more - but you can at least tell yourself that you are using real deal - there is no first pass effect if you ge the shots versus the sublingual/ oral version.

I started with my binge diet - I felt sick I didn't want to eat any fat after that. I tried to keep the 500 kcal diet - but I was probably doing 500-800 kcal instead. It's been almost 6 weeks and with several weekends of cheating I am now back to 116 from 132. I feel good. It didn't make me that hungry. I just had to stop exercising coz I'm weak... I'm still able tonhike 1-2 times a week as long as i take my first apple of the day. I do not care if hcg itself didn't work but the way it taught me control is just awesome. I'm doing phase three now which means no sugars and starches and I'll fill you in if I do gain lbs or not coz really maintenance is the key.

Word of advice - get the actual shots - do not buy online - and do the diet and see for yourself

Btw - just as a disclosure I'm not in any way affiliated with any company that sells hcg.
  • Mst37parks
    Options
    Well I am kinda skeptical, and think its the 500 calorie goal they have. I did start taking it and it doesn't help me curb my appetite at all. I don't know if its because I am not following the diet plan that came with it or not. But I thank everyone sooo much for your replies and will keep everyone updated on how it goes. God bless everyone on their journey!!!!