Pity party

Options
I am feeling sorry for myself tonight....I know this is a post that everyone will read but I need to vent and most importantly I need some motivation and support!!
I joined after I had my 2nd son and lost 14 pounds really quickly (not counting the 15 I lost right after having my son). I was so motivated that I immediately starting eating healthier and watching my calories. I couldnt wait for my doctor to clear me to start working out again and the day she did I worked out! I was so pumped!!!
That was about two weeks ago....now I am back to working full time after being on maternity leave for 6 weeks and I find myself unable to keep from snacking and eating while at work. I have worked out but I am so sore that today I didnt work out....All my co-workers are eating cookies and jelly beans and going to fast food at lunch and I am so tempted!!! I have done well for the most part except yesterday and today....
I am unhappy with the way I look but I find myself asking, "What is the point?" What is the point in eating healthier, avoiding all the fattening foods I love and working out just to be sore the next few days? I have a husband that loves me unconditionally....I dunno.....I want to be skinnier and I want to fit in my old clothes again but I am losing my motivation quick!!!!

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    the point? *S* *smiles and points to your picture*
    They need a healthy happy mum

hang in there! *S*
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    Take a look at the picture of those 2 beautiful kids. You want to be around to watch them grow up. You want to be a good example to them. You want to be able to keep up with them. That's the point! You can do this.

The soreness will fade. It's just because you're just getting started again. Take it one day at a time. Don't overdo it.

You'll be glad you did!!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

hang in there! *S*

^^ this!
  • LuckySe7en
    Options

hang in there! *S*

I second this! The motivation can be all about them! How they would get a mom who loves to run and jump and play and keep up with them!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!! I really need all the motivation and encouraging words I can get!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It sounds like so far you have been doing great! Just take it one day at a time and try to make healthier choices the best that you can, make small changes everyday. As far as being sore from working out, thats going to come with the territory of exercise and being inactive for so long. We have all gone through that pain but it only means that you are getting better at it and it will soon go away and you will be able to do more. Give yourself a break, you just recently had a baby, don't try and do too much too so. Just do what you feel comfortable with and don't worry about eveyone else, you are doing this for you, and for your children. You will feel so much better for having made those good choices and exercising at the end of each day, so hang in there and give it all you got!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'll join your party!~...LOL No, really, i've been caving in to temptation alot this week and am feeling down too. Too much stress lately, and then when i say well, i'll do better the next day, then something happens and that McDonalds biscuit finds its way to my mouth again. We're having a big family picnic tmr at the park and i come from a food loving family so it will be hard for me to sit there and watch them feed their face!...lol. I've never been a snacker per say, like your having trouble with its just all the high calorie meals a couple times a day thats killing me. Don't worry, the motivation will come back, it always does in one way or another. I know exactly how you feel tho... i too wonder sometimes is it REALLY worth it~ Good luck!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! Keep at it! I'm over 40 and the weight doesn't come off as easily as it used to. It is a long process if you want to lose weight the right way. Good luck! Keep telling yourself that you can do it. Also don't know if you are breastfeeding or not, but if so remember you need extra calories for all the extra work your body is doing.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I am feeling sorry for myself tonight....I know this is a post that everyone will read but I need to vent and most importantly I need some motivation and support!!
    I joined after I had my 2nd son and lost 14 pounds really quickly (not counting the 15 I lost right after having my son). I was so motivated that I immediately starting eating healthier and watching my calories. I couldnt wait for my doctor to clear me to start working out again and the day she did I worked out! I was so pumped!!!
    That was about two weeks ago....now I am back to working full time after being on maternity leave for 6 weeks and I find myself unable to keep from snacking and eating while at work. I have worked out but I am so sore that today I didnt work out....All my co-workers are eating cookies and jelly beans and going to fast food at lunch and I am so tempted!!! I have done well for the most part except yesterday and today....
    I am unhappy with the way I look but I find myself asking, "What is the point?" What is the point in eating healthier, avoiding all the fattening foods I love and working out just to be sore the next few days? I have a husband that loves me unconditionally....I dunno.....I want to be skinnier and I want to fit in my old clothes again but I am losing my motivation quick!!!!

I am sorry to be so blunt, but if you can not find motivation by looking at your children and your family, then it is very little that we can do.

There are a lot of people in this forum that had managed to loose more than 100 lbs, just keeping up with the effort and never giving up. Nobody promissed you a rose garden, and even roses have thorns, so please don't expect that this journey will be very easy but you will get our support and there is plenty of that going around in MFP.

What is the point of eating healthy? Being healthy. What is the point of avoiding fattening foods? Having a healthy heart and getting to be an old lady with low cholesterol and with enough health and energy to enjoy your grandchildren.

You can do it, you just need determination because looking at your family you already have enough justification to loose weight and embrace a healthy life style.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This is what worked for me when I first started on MFP last June...elliptical. I have one at home, so if you don't....try and get one. You might be able to get a used one on Craig's List. I started at 20 minutes a day and increased a few minutes each day until I got to 30 minutes. I told myself that I could spend 30 minutes on it each day. I also have an IPOD and put my favorite music on it....9 songs and you are finished!!! Blessings!!!