30 day shred...omg

Options
I didn't even make it through the first 20 minute workout, at one point I just stayed on the floor feeling like I was gonna die. I'm not gonna give up on it, but I didn't think I was that out of shape. I couldn't even handle 30 seconds of jumping jacks and I feel exhausted :yawn: but it's gonna be worth it in the end. I'm excited to see how far I'll be able to make it in a week. :smile:

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wait til you get to level 2. The plank moves are a killer.
  • melissataylor1986
    melissataylor1986 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! As long as you do your best, that's what counts! It gets much easier as the day goes by. I started off feeling just like you did and now I make it through level 2...not to say I don't sweat my butt off though!
  • ziggygirl2003
    ziggygirl2003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Uuugggg...don't tell me. I have to trick myself into thinking it's gonna be fun. I may be stuck on level one for a while, this thing kicked my butt tonight.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of level 1 today as well. I went into it a little smug; I couldn't see how a 25 minute workout could be as bad as people talked about. I was proven wrong though! Some of those moves are really really tough, but they feel great. I wish I had more room to do them, and I always feel super nervous with things like jumping jacks (I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment, and I don't know if people below would be able to hear me hopping around or not).

Can't wait to get to the point of being able to fully keep up the whole time! It was really a struggle to keep up with the push-ups or the lateral lunges.

Soo excited to be part of the "30 day shred" group, so to speak. Keep it up!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Got this dvd today, haven't tried it yet though, i can deal with dying at the end so long as this pudge comes off :smile:
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I hear ya girl! Those jumping jacks KILL me!!! You can do it though....it gets easier after doing it a few days! I did level one for 9 days in a row!!!! I did feel like I was about to die the first few workouts then it's like this isn't so bad. I skipped a day then did day 10. On to level 2....yikes....hope it's not TOO hard!
    Keep trying...and good luck!!!!!:smile:
  • kimberg75
    Options
    Wait til you get to level 2. The plank moves are a killer.
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Options
    I did it for a week then got sick and skipped last week. I will be starting up again on Monday and am hoping that the endurance I had built up by the end of the first week will still be there. Don't be surprised if tomorrow you feel like you have the flu or have been struck down by a mack truck:) Thats how I felt on day 2.

Keep at it though....it does get easier:) And I lost 4.75 inches in the first week. Good luck!!!
  • AutymneRaine
    Options
    Hang in there...I am a few days into it and it does get a little easier every day! I no longer think I will be on level one for the whole 30 days...I can actually SEE a difference in body shape after less than a week! Stay strong...it IS worth it! Good Luck!
  • kimberg75
    Options
    OH GREAT!! I am starting level 2 this weekend.....
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Jillian is no joke! It is KICK BUTT! You should be feeling it tomorrow too! But It is a good pain! I suggest that you take some pictures so you can compare after you done the 30 days. You should see a huge difference.
  • driscollmc
    Options
    when i did it the first day i was DYING. but honestly, if you just keep at it, you should feel AMAZING by day 4. don't get discouraged :) you'll be fine, just make sure you're totally comfortable with level one before you hit level two, or else you really will feel like you're gonna die haha. good luck!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I was exactly where you are about two weeks ago. I stuck it out, and by the time I got to level two (after a few extra days at level one), I was surprised at how well I did - though that's no picnic, either. Hang in there! You can do it!
  • heathera1980
    Options
    Hang in there! You'll get it! As for Level 2, I thought the same thing about it as the previous poster...but it's amazing how fast the time goes. I am on day 8 and my first day at level 2, I thought I was going to die also! I told my husband that if you took all the sweat from each workout from the previous week and combined it, that's how much sweat came from just one day! :laugh: If you need support, you've come to the right place! Feel free to add me if you'd like additional support. We're all in this together! :smile: Kudos for doing it, and trust me, it WILL get easier as your endurance increases. DON'T GIVE UP TOO SOON!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'm very afraid! I'm afraid to even buy it, let alone actually try it! I'm too old for this stuff!
  • lexy83
    lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    keep at it!!! I am doing boxing! its fun and fun!
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    oh wow, now i wanna get this!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Hi...I have been doing the Shred since Jan 1st. I have lost about 5 inches off my waist. It's tough when you start....but really does make a difference. I'm doing Jillians other dvd now....No more trouble zones. It's almost a hour long...and a killer. I feel really good when I'm done.

2639362.png
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I hated the shred, with a passion. Not to say it doesn't work, as I'm sure it does, but it just wasn't for me. I only stuck with it for 9 days. I mastered level 1 and did okay with level 2 but it was just so boring and not my kind of workout, so I moved on to turbo kickboxing and tae bo and loving both of those. I'm shedding the pounds and toning up still.
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Stick with it even if you have to modify the exercises to fit your own level of fitness. Remember to ease into it. You don't want to hurt yourself or get too discouraged because you can't keep up. And forget about getting it done in 30 days. I stayed on each level until I felt ready to move on. Hang tough girl!!!!