got the munchies

Options
ok its 11 pm and i have got the munchies so bad. i ate a protein bar and some water. but that didn't help. my belly sounds like a tiger is trying to come out. don't really want to eat anything else. but i'm just so hungry.
what now? :grumble:

Replies

• FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Fruit fruit fruit !!!
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    glass of warm milk?
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Options
    An apple or some celery sticks? And more water
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Snack on a few veggies if you have some. That's what I try to do when I get hungry at night, which is often. I eat dinner around 7 then my last "snack" around 8ish, and I'm up until midnight or just after usually so I get hungry in those 4 hours.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Apples are pretty filling. You can also try eating half of an apple.
  • mignalg
    mignalg Posts: 30
    Options
    I avoid fruit because the sugar messes with my sleeping, but I do lean protein. Turkey or chicken and I make a point to avoid carbs. I also try to go to sleep before I get too hungry, LOL
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i like to eat fresh green beans raw from the garden. i can eat those like they were potato chips!!!
    ~its all in the crunch! lol
    (rice cakes are good too. especailly the chocolate ones) :happy:
  • bethany7687
    Options
    Go to bed. You are probably tired.
  • ChelseyGray
    Options
    Eat ice!
  • Upanddown
    Upanddown Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I say if you just ate a protein bar and drank a glass of water....your not hungry. It's habit! :flowerforyou: Distract yourself.....go take a hot bath.....or go to bed!! lol
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.
  • mcboyd1983
    Options
    Celery...you actually burn more calories chewing it than what you consume :) That or go to bed early and try to ignore the rumbling tummy, I'm doing that tonight in fact!
  • diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello!
  • bootbuilder
    Options
    I agree with many...Go to BED!!! Part of this is habit if you are up late you will eat more. have a 1/2 piece of fruit, glass of water and or some veggies. I find that when I get this craving I will reach for some frozen blueberries: sweet, cold, crunchy, and fulfilling.