trying to butt out

Options
Yes, I have another habit besides food. Have lost 44 lbs. before joining this site and about 15 more to go but I am soooooo afraid of sabotaging (sp) my weight loss. Anybody out there who has quit with some good help? I've got to make this life-style change a total change!

Replies

• tremmons
    Options
    Yes, I have another habit besides food. Have lost 44 lbs. before joining this site and about 15 more to go but I am soooooo afraid of sabotaging (sp) my weight loss. Anybody out there who has quit with some good help? I've got to make this life-style change a total change!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Just remember we are all a click away, and the most important thing to remember......

YOU CAN DO THIS:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :heart: :smile:

You have done an amazing job so far. Keep it up. Congrats:happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    In my opinion. (and, for the record, I quit ten years ago)

Quitting the smokes can only enhance your "health makeover". You may have a desire to eat more and your appetite will increase, but in the long run you don't have to gain weight from quitting smoking. Also, if you exercise, your endurance and breathing ability will enable you to exercise harder and longer.

And, we're here for you.

Remember, this is not just about a number on a scale. . . it's about your health! :flowerforyou:
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I quit a year and a half ago. I was terrified of gaining even more weight than I already had so when I decided to quit, I also decided to start dieting and exercising. I didn't gain but I didn't lose a lot either. I used the nicoderm patches and they really worked. Best of luck!:smile:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I quit 5 yrs ago and was a 2 pack a day smoker for 20 yrs , I gained weight , but I gained my lungs back and that made me feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo much healthier even with some weight gain.
  • tremmons
    Options
    I have tried the patch, cold turkey, gum......I guess its a matter of willpower. If I truly want to change my health for the better then I have to start thinking differently. i ahve 2 great little grandchildren and I really want to be around for them....after all, they love coming to Nana's house and if I'm not here?????
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :smile: try chantix-available with script.it really works.it's a pill that works on the nicotine receptors and actually takes the pleasure out of the smoking. it takes time.i've used it once with great results but had a HUGE thing happen and picked up my old friends again.i will use it again-soon. it has side effects for some people like nausea but that is easily fixed by taking with food. good luck.all us butt fiends need luck and prayers. i too have a grand child and one on the way.i know how you feel.sue:flowerforyou:
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :laugh: i forgot-while you're in the process of quitting,you've got to keep busy. i took up suduko last time.:happy:
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Congrats on the weight loss.

Here is a site that might give you some info. for quitting the cigs. while losing weight.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_smoking.php

Hope it helps,

Connie Lynn