What is YOUR inspiration?

Options
Hello!

I am new to this and think its a great way to keep motivation up and realistically achieve goals. One thing that keeps me to stick with a healthy diet/exercise program is to go shopping. Whenever I try on anything that is a size up, I get very unhappy. But when I go and like the way clothes look on me/what size it is, it makes me want to keep with a better routine just so I feel good about myself.

I go shopping to avoid going out to drink/eat because as a 22 year old, all of my friends drink excessively and I have realized how many calories add up from a couple of beers. I used to weigh 175, then I lost 50 lbs by not drinking alcohol and changing my entire life habits( no soda, fast food, working out regularly). I moved recently and have gained about 15lbs that I have worked too hard to lose before, so I am hoping this site can help with that.

I just was wondering what some things are that gets motivation going in you. It helps to know I am not the only one out there who wants to change my body/health. :)

Replies

• RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I have a few things....one is my Grandmother...she passed away last year and she was 96! My Grandpa is 96 and will turn 97 this year! I look at myself in the mirror and think there is no way I will be able to have a life that long if I keep going the way i have been!
    the second is my sister! she is so awesome and supportive! i really can't put into words how supportive she is of me and my dreams!

and lastly (and frivoly! LOL!) I have a pair of Seven jeans hanging on my door that I bought as a goal! i have always wanted to wear desgner jeans but have ALWAYS been too big to wear them....so I look at those jeans and occasionally try them on and just to see how far i have come! LOL!!!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    my friends on mfp - without them i wouldnt have the drive to take the next 3.5kg off which will be hard as i havent done it before!
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE!

Keep bringing the positive energy gorgeous! Owooooo!!!
  • NicoleYates
    Options
    My motivation is possibly curing my infertility. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome.... which makes it hard to lose weight, even if you exercise... i really want to have children some day, and i think if i drop the weight i need, i might actually be able to do it without the aid of fertility drugs! keeping my eye on the prize! :tongue:
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Luv what I have read so far... My inspiration was hitting 45 and realizing that I have a lot of life left to live and I don't want to cheat myself of any of it by being unhealthy! That said, my other inspiration is my bikini!!!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    The progress of everyone around me. It always makes me want to continue!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I feel off the wagon about a year ago and have struggled since. Seeing them both lose 15 lbs. inspires me to care more. I love MFP and all the great supportive people on here, they also inspire me.
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    Health, a better attitude, more energy, more confidence, wanting a healthier lifestyle for the long-term, sick and tired of yo-yo dieting, wanting to learn how to cook, my Dad that lost about 50 kilo!!, my friends that are a size 3 and in super good shape. I've always been healthy, but never one of those girls that was in really good shape - like I've always been 140 pounds and I think wow.. if I lost 10 pounds - I would have so much more definition! So why not now?
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have a few things....one is my Grandmother...she passed away last year and she was 96! My Grandpa is 96 and will turn 97 this year! I look at myself in the mirror and think there is no way I will be able to have a life that long if I keep going the way i have been!
    the second is my sister! she is so awesome and supportive! i really can't put into words how supportive she is of me and my dreams!

and lastly (and frivoly! LOL!) I have a pair of Seven jeans hanging on my door that I bought as a goal! i have always wanted to wear desgner jeans but have ALWAYS been too big to wear them....so I look at those jeans and occasionally try them on and just to see how far i have come! LOL!!!

I totally understand the jeans thing! When I weight 175 I had a pair of jeans that I had never worn-so cute, and one of the BEST feelings in the world was after I lost weight and put them on! I still have them and they are my favorite jeans, it is a great way to keep motivation up!

All of these are so great. I love that everyone isn't just wanting to look better but also feel better. I understand the need to be in shape, but it isn't just about being skinny or thin, this site is full of people who want to be healthy. I am in not overweight but I feel that I can be healthier and more toned.
  • ZaraMom
    ZaraMom Posts: 1
    Options
    My health, energy, looks but my biggest inspiration is my daughter! I don't wanna be the fat mom who sits on the side of the park too tired to play with my little girl. I quit smoking for her so I wanna take that extra step for her. Plus she's just a ball of energy & I would love to keep up. lol
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Well if you can quit smoking then you obviously have a lot of determination so you will achieve your goals! I smoked for 4 years and stopped cold turkey. It definitely helped with losing weight, and now that I work out regularly I do not want to smoke! Once in awhile I will have one with friends or with coworkers (whenever I am really stressed the first thing I want is a cigarette) , and I can feel the difference in my lungs the next day. LOL working out definitely keeps me away from cigarettes! Good job with that achievement and good luck on the rest!