Losing the last 10 pounds

Options
Hi!

I'm carrying around an extra 10 pounds or so of fat and I'm wondering when I should start seeing results. I'm keeping my calories/nutrients in check and working out consistently. I know that losing just a few pounds takes a lot longer than a big amount, but I sure wish I could see a difference.

Has anyone else had success with just the last 10-15 pounds? How long did it take to start seeing that number go down?

Replies

• PPHHrr3344kk00wwtt
    Options
    You should email the "last ten pounds bootcamp" I believe it's a TLC show? Then you'd have no choice! haha
  • marisky
    marisky Posts: 4
    Options
    Not a bad idea! :)
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    the last 10 pounds will take the longest as you are no longer allowed a big calorie deficit as you dont have spare fat to use up anymore
    its more about toning muscles than looseing weight.

but... although taking many months, completing the last 10 pounds is an amazing thing because it gives you a solid foundation creating good habbits for the rest of your life and not gaining it back.

Doing it will be amazing you go for it :):):) xxxx
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    i have 3.5kg to go, which is around 9 pounds I think! The secret to me losing this is cutting back on sugar in my diet and increasing my water intake.

I am already burning 1000 calories a day plus most days, so if I keep that up, keep the healthy eating up and cut the sugar I should do it - but it will be gradual!

The last 10 pounds WILL be gradual, dont be discouraged, just drop a bit (maybe half a pound) then maintain, then drop again!
  • marisky
    marisky Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you mean all sugars (including naturally-occurring sugars in fruit) or just processed sugars?
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Do you mean all sugars (including naturally-occurring sugars in fruit) or just processed sugars?

DEFINATELY processed sugars, but trying to cut back on all sugars will help. The last few pounds/kg are always the hardest, for me harder as I have been 75kg and fit before, but not 72kg so my body probably doesnt know how to "do it" without some help!