What is YOUR inspiration?

JatieKo621
JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!

I am new to this and think its a great way to keep motivation up and realistically achieve goals. One thing that keeps me to stick with a healthy diet/exercise program is to go shopping. Whenever I try on anything that is a size up, I get very unhappy. But when I go and like the way clothes look on me/what size it is, it makes me want to keep with a better routine just so I feel good about myself.

I go shopping to avoid going out to drink/eat because as a 22 year old, all of my friends drink excessively and I have realized how many calories add up from a couple of beers. I used to weigh 175, then I lost 50 lbs by not drinking alcohol and changing my entire life habits( no soda, fast food, working out regularly). I moved recently and have gained about 15lbs that I have worked too hard to lose before, so I am hoping this site can help with that.

I just was wondering what some things are that gets motivation going in you. It helps to know I am not the only one out there who wants to change my body/health. :)

Replies

• I have a few things....one is my Grandmother...she passed away last year and she was 96! My Grandpa is 96 and will turn 97 this year! I look at myself in the mirror and think there is no way I will be able to have a life that long if I keep going the way i have been!
    the second is my sister! she is so awesome and supportive! i really can't put into words how supportive she is of me and my dreams!

and lastly (and frivoly! LOL!) I have a pair of Seven jeans hanging on my door that I bought as a goal! i have always wanted to wear desgner jeans but have ALWAYS been too big to wear them....so I look at those jeans and occasionally try them on and just to see how far i have come! LOL!!!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    my friends on mfp - without them i wouldnt have the drive to take the next 3.5kg off which will be hard as i havent done it before!
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    YOU ARE!

Keep bringing the positive energy gorgeous! Owooooo!!!
  • My motivation is possibly curing my infertility. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome.... which makes it hard to lose weight, even if you exercise... i really want to have children some day, and i think if i drop the weight i need, i might actually be able to do it without the aid of fertility drugs! keeping my eye on the prize! :tongue:
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Luv what I have read so far... My inspiration was hitting 45 and realizing that I have a lot of life left to live and I don't want to cheat myself of any of it by being unhealthy! That said, my other inspiration is my bikini!!!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    The progress of everyone around me. It always makes me want to continue!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    My mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I feel off the wagon about a year ago and have struggled since. Seeing them both lose 15 lbs. inspires me to care more. I love MFP and all the great supportive people on here, they also inspire me.
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Health, a better attitude, more energy, more confidence, wanting a healthier lifestyle for the long-term, sick and tired of yo-yo dieting, wanting to learn how to cook, my Dad that lost about 50 kilo!!, my friends that are a size 3 and in super good shape. I've always been healthy, but never one of those girls that was in really good shape - like I've always been 140 pounds and I think wow.. if I lost 10 pounds - I would have so much more definition! So why not now?
  • JatieKo621
    I have a few things....one is my Grandmother...she passed away last year and she was 96! My Grandpa is 96 and will turn 97 this year! I look at myself in the mirror and think there is no way I will be able to have a life that long if I keep going the way i have been!
    the second is my sister! she is so awesome and supportive! i really can't put into words how supportive she is of me and my dreams!

and lastly (and frivoly! LOL!) I have a pair of Seven jeans hanging on my door that I bought as a goal! i have always wanted to wear desgner jeans but have ALWAYS been too big to wear them....so I look at those jeans and occasionally try them on and just to see how far i have come! LOL!!!

I totally understand the jeans thing! When I weight 175 I had a pair of jeans that I had never worn-so cute, and one of the BEST feelings in the world was after I lost weight and put them on! I still have them and they are my favorite jeans, it is a great way to keep motivation up!

All of these are so great. I love that everyone isn't just wanting to look better but also feel better. I understand the need to be in shape, but it isn't just about being skinny or thin, this site is full of people who want to be healthy. I am in not overweight but I feel that I can be healthier and more toned.
  • ZaraMom
    ZaraMom Posts: 1
    My health, energy, looks but my biggest inspiration is my daughter! I don't wanna be the fat mom who sits on the side of the park too tired to play with my little girl. I quit smoking for her so I wanna take that extra step for her. Plus she's just a ball of energy & I would love to keep up. lol
  • JatieKo621
    Well if you can quit smoking then you obviously have a lot of determination so you will achieve your goals! I smoked for 4 years and stopped cold turkey. It definitely helped with losing weight, and now that I work out regularly I do not want to smoke! Once in awhile I will have one with friends or with coworkers (whenever I am really stressed the first thing I want is a cigarette) , and I can feel the difference in my lungs the next day. LOL working out definitely keeps me away from cigarettes! Good job with that achievement and good luck on the rest!
This discussion has been closed.