Anyone on week 5 of C25k?

Options
Looking for people on my same week of training...about to lace up and do day 2...and i'm scared sh*tless!

Replies

• oscelyn
    oscelyn Posts: 54
    Options
    Sorry I missed this! I just finished week 5 and I ran for 34 minutes instead of the required 20 minutes. On day 2 I ran for 20 minutes instead of 8. This program is doable. Just breathe and push yourself through it.
  • funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    I just finished W5D2. I did W5D1 last Sunday and it took me this long to get past my mental block thinking that I couldn't do the 8 minutes, but I finally just decided to do it and I just slowed down to 4 mph and I was able to do it. You can do it too. You can friend me if you want for extra support. Just keep telling yourself that YOU CAN DO IT! It's mostly mental at this point.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i pushed through day2 and you're right, it's all mental...i was pretty whipped when i got done, but i remember thinking "if i can do this for 8 minutes, i can do it for 30"...especially outside, where you have changing scenery and your ipod. i find running on the treadmill soooo boring!
  • Sassy_H
    Sassy_H Posts: 11
    Options
    I've just finished week5 and have actually today done my first 5k without the C25K and I completed it in 35mins!
    My trainer at the gym felt it might be holding me back, when I thought I was hitting a wall in fact it was hearing the 'you only have 45 seconds to go' which in fact made me loose focus.

So keep at it, you can do it and I bet you're fitter than maybe you give yourself credit for!!
  • funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    I've just finished week5 and have actually today done my first 5k without the C25K and I completed it in 35mins!
    My trainer at the gym felt it might be holding me back, when I thought I was hitting a wall in fact it was hearing the 'you only have 45 seconds to go' which in fact made me loose focus.

So keep at it, you can do it and I bet you're fitter than maybe you give yourself credit for!!

That's interesting. When I was running my first 8 minutes, I was surprised when it was time to stop running, I felt like I could have kept going, but thought I had better stick to the program. So, it's good to hear that it is possible to challenge yourself beyond the program.