I RAN!!!!!!

Options
Hey all,
Just wanted to get this on the books. I have been working out and eating right for about 14 weeks, I have lost 29 pounds and I couldn't be happier with all that.
My usual workouts consist of a very brisk walk 1-2 times per week, The ab lounge 3-4 times per week, and 30-60 minutes on the gazelle 3 -4 times a week. I feel pretty good about all that, but I have finally hit my first plateau. I have been the same weight for over a week. :cry:
Well today is absolutely gorgeous weather so.... I decided it was a good walk day, well I did that, but while I was out there on the road I must have been struck by lightning, because I mixed in 2 intervals of jogging. I wasn't going very fast, but I did feel the difference in my heart rate. I feel great, I have been entertaining the idea of adding some running into my workouts, but had yet to actually put the sneaker on the road at that pace. :smile:

Anyway, I hope that you all find something wonderful to make your day,

Replies

• gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Just wanted to get this on the books. I have been working out and eating right for about 14 weeks, I have lost 29 pounds and I couldn't be happier with all that.
    My usual workouts consist of a very brisk walk 1-2 times per week, The ab lounge 3-4 times per week, and 30-60 minutes on the gazelle 3 -4 times a week. I feel pretty good about all that, but I have finally hit my first plateau. I have been the same weight for over a week. :cry:
    Well today is absolutely gorgeous weather so.... I decided it was a good walk day, well I did that, but while I was out there on the road I must have been struck by lightning, because I mixed in 2 intervals of jogging. I wasn't going very fast, but I did feel the difference in my heart rate. I feel great, I have been entertaining the idea of adding some running into my workouts, but had yet to actually put the sneaker on the road at that pace. :smile:

Anyway, I hope that you all find something wonderful to make your day,
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Way to go gazellegirl!!:flowerforyou:

Keep up the great work:drinker:

And cheers to you for 29lbs lost!!:drinker:

~Roni
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Congratulations!! I started in March and could barely run 5 minutes...I just finished a 1/2 marathon in October...time yourself as to how long you run for and then walk for a minute...I would run for 5 and then walk for 1. I kept increasing this until I was running for 10 minutes and walking for one. Then I kept with the 10 minutes and increased mileage. At our running clinic we run the long runs always using a 10 min run and a 1 minute walk and it really helps to go further and further. We only do longer runs on Sunday and the other 2 or 3 times during the week are fairly short runs.

The calories that are burned from doing a long run are absolutely crazy so it is good motivation!!

Congrats as well to your incredible weight loss!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Way to go :flowerforyou: :drinker: :tongue: :happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey!! That's awesome-- don't you feel sooooo good???
  • ironweber717
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! It just keeps getting better!!!
  • bbright53
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! Doesn't it feel GREAT!!!!

Barb
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Way to go !! :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Time to join in on the runners check in!! :wink: