Weight Watchers

Options
2»

Replies

• vdaniela3
    vdaniela3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I REALLY believe that they changed the points system BECAUSE people get used to it and dont need to pay to do it anymore. We bought the calculator and I had all the "start up books" and everything I needed. I even went and bought a WW digital scale and started weighing myself in once a week and STOPPED paying for WW meetings. I used to joke with my friends that I "bootlegged" it. Plus, there are a million and one websites out there that have recipes with points values. You dont need to buy their books anymore...so to make $$$ again, they have to go and change it!

That's how I did it when I "joined". Went in and payed the registration fee to get the material, weighed in and went home. Went back for the calculator and a few books and did it on my own. Lost about 50 lbs, with exercise. Didn't put it back on til I had my son about 3-4 years later.

It does work, and once you get the points down/memorized its pretty simple. Its just like with everything else, if you don't stick to it, you will put the weight back on. But you don't have to pay for the weekly meetings and buy their products to lose. Like awelch said, you can easily find point values etc online now. There's also apps on phones that will give you pt values.

This time around I decided to give calorie counting a try because my friend was. I do miss the simplicity of just having one number to memorize when it comes to adding up my food. MFP is pretty easy though since I can use it on my phone. So either way you'll have success if you stick to it :smile:
  • Amie_46
    Amie_46 Posts: 60
    Options
    I have been an on and off weight watch-er for 4 years. In the 13 months with the help of WW I lost 53lb. Then they switched to Points Plus, and I stopped losing. Hence switching to MFP, which is free, and I have lost weight with this tool since the switch :)

I also recommend MFP over WW because it teaches you more about the nutritional information as opposed to just a random "Points Plus Value" which has absolutely no value in the real world.

Good luck with whichever you chose :)
  • jenjam27
    jenjam27 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did ww myself and was successful as well but now doing mfp I like this so much more, especially for family and everyday life. For me its easier to yell out how many calories as opposed to yelling at my husband to figure out the points :) since we both do this it works out well. This may be just a mental think but with ww I always felt like "I'm on WW" with mfp I feel like I'm eating calories, if that makes sense. Both programs need to be worked to work
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Personally I love MFP because for the first time I don't feel like im on a diet. Any other program I used there were foods I was told not to eat. Which in return made me feel like I was depriving myself and I would get huge cravings. Here I pretty much eat when and what I want. If I want a chocolate chip cookie I eat it! I started MFP this January and have consistently lost 2 lbs a week. I also love all the support, blogs and challenges. The entire website keeps me motivated, inspired and accountable!
  • ashandbensmom
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs in 15 months on WW. My one year anniversary of hitting goal is in 5 days and I am only 5 lbs above my goal. It definitely works!!! I love WW!! If you find the right leader it is not all about the business at all. I joined MFP just to try something different, but honestly WW and MFP are both about diet and exercise. It is ultimately about living a healthy lifestyle.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs in 15 months on WW. My one year anniversary of hitting goal is in 5 days and I am only 5 lbs above my goal. It definitely works!!! I love WW!! If you find the right leader it is not all about the business at all. I joined MFP just to try something different, but honestly WW and MFP are both about diet and exercise. It is ultimately about living a healthy lifestyle.

It's hard to find a good leader.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options

It's hard to find a good leader.