Body Pump

Options
I've logged this as "strength exercises" under cardio, but the calorie burn doesn't seem that great (179 in 45 minute class). I don't have a HRM so I'm not sure, but I feel like it's a wee bit more than that.

Does anybody do the class with a HRM who could keep me right?

Replies

• juberry
    juberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had exactly the same experience. I used to go to a body pump class where the instructor would say we had burned 500 calories in the hour. But she did a lot of plyometrics and other jumping cardio in the class. So maybe a less strenuous class would be 350-450 calories burned. It's still a lot!
  • jasonroeser
    jasonroeser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree, how can u burn more per minute walking than weight training. If you figure it out please post, good luck - J
  • HJSilva
    HJSilva Posts: 29
    Options
    I put it in as low impact aerobics. I just bought a hrm so I will know for sure on Monday.
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    I do bodypump with a HRM, I weigh 209lbs and burn between 500-600 on the latest release dependent on how heavy weights I put on!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'll use my HRM and typically burn 350-450 cals. I'm 140 lbs, heaviest weight will be 10kgs each side for squats.

Cant wait for the new release next week!
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    We had a "pre-view" of the new release this morning - ouch!!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Which track is the toughest? I suffer from tennis elbow and dodgy shoulder so I always struggle with biceps and shoulders routines.
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    we've been doing the new release for a week now, it's hard on the shoulders! The back track now has more presses which tire my shoulders out pretty quick then there's still the shoulder track to get through!

Lots of singles throughout which are good for the calorie burn though :wink:

ETA: I normally struggle with the biceps track too but this one's not too bad at all :flowerforyou:
  • Annerea
    Options
    Back track was really tough!
  • Annerea
    Options
    And by the way, every muscle in my body can confirm this morning that this release is tough!!
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I was wondering about this too, I logged it the same way last week under cardo-strength training and I think it said I burned about 200 calories, which didn't seem like much at all!

I really need to get a HRM