Setting Mini Goals, how do you guage?

Options
jenc555
jenc555 Posts: 39 Member
It occurred to me the other day to set mini goals with mini rewards. I can't have this be all about the scale, b/c I weigh myself once a week and care more about clothing that fits/measurements, etc.

So how do you do your goal setting?

I meant gauge.

Replies

• helenamonks
    helenamonks Posts: 176
    Options
    Actually I went by weight but its by periods in my life if you can look at my signature they are all on there!! I tried with exercise goals, but it really makes me feel better knowing "ooh, i'm almost the same weight as I was in my wedding pics, damn, i looked hot in those" LOL
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/spackham/view/my-theory-about-goals-76266

As for rewards, I don't have set rewards. I just give myself what I need to help me succeed. One thing I give myself is a weekly massage. I helps keep my body healthy and decreases the chance or injury. Sometimes I'll go buy a shirt or pants because I am growing out of my big ones but do not what a new wardrobe yet. Or sometimes I'll buy a shirt that is a little too small and use that to measure my success and FUN DAY when I reach the goal of being able to fit into it.
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I just pick what I am struggling with. I'm shooting for 21 days straight of logging my food. When I've accomplished that, I'm planning on doing something for myself (probably a new CD or book). My first goal weight that I'm working towards is 299 (I started at 353). So, when I hit that I'm treating myself to a massage and a pedi. And for me the big reward is walking into my doctors office in a month and seeing how proud she is going to be of me! :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Since I have so much to lose (110 lbs from the beginning of my journey) I just have to celebrate each time I hit some kind of milestone with rewards like I just hit my first 25 plus down to 215 so now Im getting mani/pedicure my next one will be when I get under 200 and maybe If i know a pair of pants are getting too big in between now and my next milestone maybe treat yourself to a new pair of pants or outfit just celebrate your success any time you feel like it, is time to keep yourself motivated to get to your goal
  • jenc555
    Options
    Haha, good for you....I think that there are some great workout clothes I could splurge on when I hit a goal. Just have to figure out which goald to shoot for....thanks!
  • jenc555
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great ideas. I think I need to mix it up with lbs and inches and behaviors versus scale alone.

I have some awesome clothes hanging in the closet, hoping to get into those! That's a reward for sure....good luck and thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!