It's my cousin's bday and I'll eat if I want to.

Options
today we are celebrating my cousin's bday and I can't follow a diet and not enjoy the foods we have to eat. So I'll be enjoying the day and getting back on track tomorrow

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Enjoy!
  • mmiley1111
    mmiley1111 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It is okay to take a day off here are there . Just try not to go over board.
  • crazypenrod1508
    crazypenrod1508 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's good, but remember portions. It's alright to try something you enjoy, but keep it to a limit.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It is OK to occasionally have your cake and eat it too, as long as it is a small slice :)
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Count it as a cheat day. I have one cheat day a week, still somewhat watching, but not as much
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I call those days maintenance days. Just be sure to keep within your maintenance limits, too.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Crazy! It's my cousin's birthday today, too, so there will be a party and pizza and sweets. I've been stressed out about it all week. Those kinds of things used to be fun for me. Now I'm worried I'll overeat. If I overdo it, I will gain. I don't have a forgiving body. I managed to gain 20 lbs last year just from taking a day off here and there. So..."fingers crossed"
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    today we are celebrating my cousin's bday and I can't follow a diet and not enjoy the foods we have to eat. So I'll be enjoying the day and getting back on track tomorrow

Is this to cheer yourself up after yesterdays meltdown & calorie blow out...or just another excuse to ruin the good work you have already done because you are bored of the dicipline & effort it takes to get fit. You know its possible to enjoy yourself without pigging out......don't use it as another excuse......i remember your other post....
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We all get exposed to these situations - its called life. What I find that works, especially if I know what kind of foods will be there, is to input what I'm going to eat prior to getting there - even if you a go a little over that's ok. Better to plan to exceed by 500 calories rather than lose track and exceed by 2000 calories. You'll enjoy what you want, without the guilt of going way overboard. Good luck.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old nephew is having his party tomorrow. I will take healthy alternatives with me and no one will take issue with it. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels is my motto.

If you do use this as a reason to go off plan.... keep it in moderation or you could be setting yourself back for days.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Is this to cheer yourself up after yesterdays meltdown & calorie blow out...or just another excuse to ruin the good work you have already done because you are bored of the dicipline & effort it takes to get fit. You know its possible to enjoy yourself without pigging out......don't use it as another excuse......i remember your other post....

Yep. Thats why I said Enjoy. Some people just need....nothing not even worth saying anything.

Again Enjoy.
  • tlkoehl
    tlkoehl Posts: 27
    Options
    Enjoy a guilt free day of enjoying food you love!!:bigsmile: :devil:
  • RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options
    It's just to cheeer me up a little. I'll try and stay under the calories I am limited to but not to lose weight but to maintain weight for today. Should be an awesome day :) I'm not worrying about yesterdays post anymore no need to bring it up
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Also my mom decided to start nutrisystem!! I'm helping her throughout the journey and it's going to be an amazing experience!!
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It's just to cheeer me up a little. I'll try and stay under the calories I am limited to but not to lose weight but to maintain weight for today. Should be an awesome day :) I'm not worrying about yesterdays post anymore no need to bring it up

Cheering yourself up with food can be dangerous on this journey. Also, its not all about the calories alone, but how empty your calories can be. Be careful... don't want to lose any forward momentum.