Under 200 Calorie Dinner?

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm in work today and won't get home until 21.30pm. I was wondering if someone can suggest a nice dinner (well, snack really!) that comes in under 200 calories. I won't get to exercise today because of work so I think I should eat light.
But here's where the challenge gets harder!. I have no meat/chicken/seafood in the fridge as tomorrow is shopping day.
Any ideas are welcome!

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for white bean burgers... the patty itself is only 189 calories and they're pretty tasty... (as long as you like onion). if you want the recipe just let me know. :)
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's a VERY low amount of calories. Is that just all you'll have left for your calorie budget for the day? Do you have any protein powder for a shake?
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    brown rice and veggies...LOTS of veggies
  • Pearcecat
    Pearcecat Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Sheila!.
    Thanks for the reply..I would love to see the recipe. Are they made with Butterbeans because I have a tin..and I also have a sack of onions!!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Give us an idea of what you do have on hand. then we can help combine it in a way to meet your needs!

Off the top of my head:
    If you just want a snack, you could try almonds - about 20 is 1 serving but packs a calorie punch - however it's full of protein so it will get you through the night without much digestive distress.
    Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Glass of milk
    Protein drink
    Slice of cheese and some lunch meat rolled up like on an antipasto salad.
    Nice bowl of oatmeal with a teaspoon or two of peanutbutter or almond butter
  • Pearcecat
    Options
    Yes, it's very low..I eat a big breakfast and lunch when I'm in work because the shift is quite long. I thought it would be better not to eat too much that late at night?
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Maybe an egg on a wholegrain piece of toast with some veg?
  • Pearcecat
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!..I just have the usual cupboard staples like pasta/rice/beans etc. and I have vegetables like carrots/onions/lettuce & tomatoes. I really need to get some food shopping done!
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    200 calories!???

What's your daily calorie intake?
  • SheilaSisco
    Options
    Magic White Bean Burgers:
    1 can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
    1/2 c. minced onion... Try ¼ cup instead
    1/3 c. plain bread crumbs... Try adding ¼ cup
    2 Tb. vital wheat gluten
    1 tsp. dried parsley... Try without and add 1 tsp minced garlic instead
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. white pepper

1. Mash beans in a bowl with a fork.
    2. Add the onion, bread crumbs, wheat gluten, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mash and mix thoroughly until everything is completely combined.
    3. Shape the burgers into four patties and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-high heat in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. Flip the patties once during cooking to brown them on both sides. I also cover my pan to help the centers cook.
    4. Serve on toasted whole wheat buns with all the fixins'.
    or without the bun to stay under 200 :)
  • Pearcecat
    Options
    Hey Deathtaco (love the name!)..my calorie total is 1370 but I've had a big breakfast, big lunch and a granola bar as a snack..it all adds up!.
    Thanks Sheila, those bean burgers sound just right, yum.
  • SheilaSisco
    Options
    No problem! I hope they work out for ya! And the recipe makes 4, so you'll have leftovers for another day too! :)
  • goldbull
    goldbull Posts: 9
    Options
    It's Saturday and who wants to cook. Stop at walmart or target on the way home and pick up an Annie Chun Soup Bowl Miso or Udon flavor. Have a side salad with it. The soup takes a while to eat and I throw in some cooked brocolli, spinach, kale or canned mushrooms to beef it up, 220 cal for the whole bowl. Fat 2g. Very tasty. Infact, any low fat soup and salad will be about the same.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'd make a fruit & yogurt smoothie if I only had 200 calories left.