Be my friend?

Options
Hey guys. My name is Bethany and I'm 26. I'm new to MPF and dont have any friends here yet. Maybe it's my own insecurities but I feel awkward sending some random person a friend request. I'd love to support others on their weight loss journey and would love to have others support as well.
I guess I should write a little about me huh? Well I work as a bookkeeper for a fire retardant thread company in Baltimore MD. I've been overweight for as long as I remember. My starting weight was 266 and I'm currently 254. It occurred to me not that long ago that I have no idea what I really look like under all this fat and that's down right sad. lol. I've tried more time than I can count to lose weight but have learned since joining this website that I was doing all the wrong things so no wonder I was never successful. I feel like this time is different. I've taken my new knowledge and applied it to my weight loss strategy and I feel extremely confident that it's gonna work this time. So far I've lost 12 pounds and am anxious for Mondays weigh in.
So anyways - I'm here if you want a new friend. I'd love to be a part of your journey. :)

Replies

• Elle129
    Elle129 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I felt awkward too but people are really friendly on year. I probably added about 20 ppl and not one person every said anything rude or asked the whole "who are you" thing. In fact they comment and encourage you! And so far for me 10 times out of 10, they accept.

Don't worry about it! :)
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!! :D
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck feel free 2 add me:smile:
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey kiddo! Nice to meet you! Hopefully we can become friends, keep in touch with me via post or email if you need encouragment, I'd love to connect!

Blessings,

Diane
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can add me. All of the friends I have gotten have been wonderful!
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I weigh in Tuesday and I'm nervous as well! lol
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Great job so far hon! Feel free to add me...
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me :) I am always good for a kick in the bum!! ;)
  • NoahGayDaniels
    Options
    Welcome! :D Good job so far. Keep it up!
    Feel free to add me. (:

Stay Strong!
    xxx Noah
  • jorymom
    jorymom Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there! Anyone here can feel free to add me as well! I can use the encouragement :)
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me :) I just started over!
  • Modonley
    Modonley Posts: 8
    Options
    Im new also and Ive looked around the site everone seems nice. I havent really figured out how to move around and add ppl but you can add me if you want too :) I live in Ne and Ive started p90x and have completed two weeks today and have really need the support of friends as this is the hardest thing ive ever done. I have a 5 year old son and I really want to be more active and a good role model for him and health is part of that so ive started this :) well GOOD LUCK
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me ,you really remind me of Sophie Dahl :)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome, this site is great! I have made some friends and gotten a lot of support and motivation here. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck! :smile:
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone on is so friendly... like others have said... nobody ever gives me a "hey who are you?" kind of response to a friend request! Hope you get the support you need... it sure has been wonderful for me! I added ya :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Bethany is now my friend. :flowerforyou:

Let's kick this thing in the *kitten*!!
  • Beefyg
    Beefyg Posts: 27
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.
  • salsaflavor
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HELLO AND WELCOME YOU CAN ADD ME AS A FRIEND THIS IS A GREAT PROGRAM, IM SO GLAD I JOINED !!!!!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever denied a friend request lol. Welcome and great job so far!