After Chalean Extreme? and Turbo Fire?

Options
annhjk
annhjk Posts: 794 Member
I just finished my 2nd week of the lean circuits. I'll have a month before we go to Cancun (when I finish Chalean) and I'm trying to decide what to do for a weights program. Any one have an opinion about going to the maintanence phase (burn 1, push, 2, lean 3 I think?) for the month or I was thinking about doing a week of burn circuits, a week of push circuits and 2 weeks of the lean circuits. Anyone have any suggestions? I"m seeing results but I don't want to fall in a rut of always doing the same workout - or have my body get used to the same program.

Also, I was thinking about getting Turbo Fire to do this summer (along with running). I'm not sure if I'll like it or not and hate to buy it if I won't do it. We have P90X - completed it, but didn't like all the upper body work (I like Chalean's combo upper/lower moves). Like turbo jam, but need a little more cardio (I like to get about an hour workout 6x a week), LOVE Chalean Extreme - I just add running when I get done to get my cardio in too. HATED what I've done of Insanity. Based on that, do you think I'd like Turbo Fire?

Replies

• tneeland
    tneeland Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love TF and I think u will love it also.. As far as Chalean Extreme I'm in my second week of push. I think if u tend to lift heavier u can do the circuits over and over again and see more improvements.
  • oscelyn
    oscelyn Posts: 54
    Options
    If you like Turbo Jam then you'll like Turbo Fire. From what I understand the programs are nearly the same. I'm doing Turbo Fire now, I'm in week 3. It's a lot of cardio, but not 60 minutes a day. Some days at HIIT days which runs from 15 - 30 minute sessions. You could always do more if you want. One class is 55 minutes, another 45 minutes and the longest class is 60 minutes. It's a LOT of choreography and some of the moves (to me) are just plain ridiculous while trying to transition from one to another. There are a lot of combination moves to try and remember. Overall I enjoy it, it may work for what you need. I do sweat a lot, my heart rate increases,and I don't mind working out alone with the program. It's a 6 day a week program and I sometimes have to move the classes around to fit my other workout schedule. I run 3 days a week as well.

Good luck and I hope this helped just a wee bit!
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have not done turbo fire, but I hear it is similar to turbo jam. I heard that it is faster and Chalene is not as particular about form. I am in the lean phase of chalene extreme, and if you are working for a vacation in a month, I liked your idea of doing that one for 2 weeks. Each phase is only a month, and I don't think that is enough time for your body to get used to it since it is different each day of the workouts.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    From what I have seen TF is TJ just increased. I *love* Chalene and have TJ and tuesday will track my first results for CLX. :) I'm excited! My husband wants to do Insanity when he comes home, but I would much rather get TF after I finish CLX to change it up and keep losing and or maintain (depending on where I'm at) I would say go for it and get TF! It looks so much fun!!