The Scale

Options
How many times do you get on the scale?

Myself, I am a everyday person just beacuse I like to know that I am staying on track.

Replies

• FitToFab
    FitToFab Posts: 47
    Options
    weekly except when time of the month...
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    When I go to my doctors, I dont own a scale I believe for myself its a liar that will go up and down by the day. A scale is not going to take away my drive, determination or my dream. I look at it this way, Im in this for the long haul not a quick fix. Ill make it to where I want to be in my own skin, its not going to happen overnight but Im working on being healthy not just losing the weight.
    I take a picture of myself every month and measure at the same time.
    But whatever works for you is good, just dont allow the scale to take away your happiness.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Every day--immediately after I get up and use 'the facilities' and before eating or drinking anything. But, doesn't everyone do this? ;)
    Have fun! :drinker: (lots of water)
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I step on it every morning right when i wake up and go to the bathroom. Sometimes it stays and sometimes it goes down, but it doesn't make me give up hope! It's about you feel in general, and me, I feel great since I've started this :D
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Once a week... every wednesday morning. :)
  • simplingrillin
    Options
    I figure if it goes up a little bit then I will focus a little more on not "trying the brownies" for the 4th time, and it is the same or less I figure Im doing something right from yesterday.

Its kinda like a oo what how did I do yesterday thing for me :)
  • Kerriperkins
    Kerriperkins Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weight daily, first thing in the morning.
    I want to know if something I ate the day before didn't work.
    It's an easier process of elimation.
    I need all the tools and information I can get so I beat this weight issue once and for all.
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to throw two of mine out.. Thing changes every time I step on the scale. Seconds apart. Not hours.. It's so inaccurate.. One of them is two years old and one was bought last month. Both digital and both different Conair models. Very annoying..

I agree with one of the other posters.. I weigh as soon as I wake up immediately after using the facilities and before drinking or eating anything. (Doesn't everyone?).... Hehe...
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sunday every week, sometimes every other week. Sometimes I'll weigh in on random days just because but I don't really pay any attention to that. By doing it on Sunday it gives me a little extra motivation to stay on track through the weekend.
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was having the same trouble with my scale. I went on line and read a few blogs. I just bought a scale from "Rat Smart". The blogs said it was really consistent and accurate. So far it's been great. $36 at Amazon
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not rat smart it "Eat Smart"
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Once a week, the same time of day, wearing the same thing. The body can fluctuate by like 5 pounds a day, so I don't need the stress of seeing the weight change all the time....
  • cleckner04
    Options
    Typically 2 times a day. :blushing: In the morning for my main weight and at night because that's when I exercise and if it's too bad than I work out longer than usual. Obsessive? Probably. :laugh:
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Everyday. First thing in the morning. I find that stepping on each day keeps me more committed to my goal. When I am down, I am motivated to keep it going. If I am slightly up (which I was today) I know I need to really keep myself in check. It's mind games essentially, but it's working for me.

M
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    every time i go to the bathroom, lol! I'm constantly looking at that thing...

I think i'm obsessed with it, and something think I should have my husband hide it on me for a week.

But, I think it keeps me in line... like if i don't know what my weight is, that half pan of brownies didn't do anything to my weight.

it works for me right now, as i lose weight, but as I get closer to my goal. just 30 lbs to go! :D I think it could become unhealthy!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Throw the dang thing away or don`t emotionally invest yourself in the readings.

Let measurements,clothes sizes,and glances tell you all you need to know about how you look and are doing.
    I hate that an incredibly beautiful lady is bummed out by a scale reading that can be affected by so many variables.