New here! Rate my progress, and looking for tips!

Options
I had a wake-up call of sorts when I learned that my waist was now 37 inchess - it used to be 32 or 33". I knew that I had been getting larger gradually, not obese my any means, but definitely with a bit of a pot belly, and I have increasingly become lazy after getting home from work each night, and just eating junk, and not working out with weights like I have done in the past.

Anyways, after my wake-up call, I weighed myself at about 174.5 pounds (I'm about 5-7). My goal is to get down to about 157 or 158 so I don't need to lose a lot of weight, maybe 17 or 18 pounds.

I started about a week ago, and the weight has come off quickly (lost about 6 points in a week) as people have told would be the case. I think it will get harder to lose weight from here on out, but here's why I'm doing. ...

Breakfast:
3 large scrambled eggs, scrambled

Lunch:
Home made salad (lettuce, snow peas, baby corn, green peppers, tomoatoes with home made salad dressing (no sugar))

Dinner:
Chicken (grill or baked) with steamed veggies

Drinks:
Morning Coffee (black)
Water during the day time
Chrystal Lite and V8 100% Veggie Juice mixed in

Snacks:
cheese strings, almonds, non-fat yogurt, baby carrots, zuchini chips, protein bar after working out

Exercise:
Walking the dog most nights for about 20 minutes
Riding my stationary bike about 4 nights a week for 15 minutes
Working out 4 nights a week ( I focus on a different body part each workout)...

Anyways, I haven't cheated with a pepsi, or a bag of chips, and don't like fish.

What alternatives can I eat that are low on carbs/proteins?

Am I on the right track?

According to this site, my goal is 1350 net calories each day, and I've been consistently below that, around 900-1000 per day.

Replies

• bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    if you like protein shakes a good one is isopure zero - it has zero net carbs and tastes ummy
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough calories. You need to have close to 1350 NET calories a day. MFP already gives you the deficit.
  • bdav1216
    bdav1216 Posts: 3
    Options
    What is MFP?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is OPEN your food diary. Maybe you should Navigate your way around first.
  • liss567
    liss567 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think MFP is MyFitnessPal :) I would agree with the others that you should be eating more calories, I know that sounds when you are trying to lose weight, but I think it's good for your body. My goal calories for a day are 1400, I try to eat AT LEAST 1200 each day. My net calories is often low, because I have been working out alot, but I figure as long as I know my body is getting enough calories (1200) whatever I burn off on the treadmill is fair game :) Good luck! I hope this helps :)
  • vanesilla
    Options
    my fitness pal