Discouraged

Options
I am doing everything right. Walking, no pop, watching my diet meticulously, low sodium, carbs, sugar and fat. High protein. And I'm stuck at the same weight I was a week ago. I've been stuck before this and pulled through, it's like my body is reluctant. I need patience, but I am still very discouraged.

Replies

• BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I ... gave up in a sense and just started eating healthy choice meals special k stuff luna bars and switched to coconut milk lol
    i dont' eat out a lot and i make my own dinner at least once a week go to the gym 4to 6 times a week... everyones different tho sometiesm it takes longer which ... i'm not really too pleased about.
  • keebers1
    keebers1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My body did the same thing-it took 3 weeks before I lost anything. I think after so many years of dieting my body was just like, "oh no, not this again," and didn't want to budge. But it did. Don't give up!!! :) It'll happen.
  • aaronjarvis
    aaronjarvis Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It happens. When you exercise its called a plateau effect. Don't give up. Change up your exercise program, change up your foods. Give it some time you will get past this barrier. just don't quit!
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged. Our bodies are not designed to continuously lose weight all the time. You have hit a plateau. Try upping your water intake by 2 extra cups a day. Also if you have been doing the same walking or exercise it might be time to either step up the intensity or try something new.

It happens to everyone, you are not alone.
  • mariaroslaug
    mariaroslaug Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds rather silly, but when I hit a bump like that I start chanting the melody of Dory from Finding Nemo:

*Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim*

The little fish has a point there.....
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get discouraged, I know. I feel kind of stuck, too, but just try to keep a positive attitude about it. Keep at it. It will come off eventually.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Even while doing everything right, sometimes the scale doesn't show a loss. Sorry to say, weightloss rarely is linear. After fat is used up out of a fat cell it is replaced with water. Until this water is released from your body, the scale will show nothing. Not to mention other bodily functions(food in the gut) that can greatly influence scale weight. Throw on hormones, sodium, and carbohydrates.....all causing water retention, and its a wonder the scale is consistent as it is.