living and loving life!

Options
corsayre8
corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
So I have been at this for a little over three months, and am having wonderful success. Yesterday, however, brought the best victory yet. And it has nothing to do with the scale, measurements, or physical appearance.

Up to this point, any splurge brought with guilt with it. At times I felt obsessive about what I consumed and how I was going to burn it of. Everything seemed like a trade off, and had to be budgeted for.

Last night I indulged. Dinner, wine desserts, cocktails, and the most fun I have had in a long time. I chose to let go of my fears, and just enjoy myself. (OK, appearance may have had something to do with it, as all the compliments I got from friends lifted me pretty high). Even sitting down to finish logging last nights treats didn't bring on any sense of remorse.

And then when I hit complete diary, it got better...

My projected weight in five weeks if everyday where like today, was only a half pound over where I am at now.

Realization, I can do this, I can make this my lifestyle. And while I am not going to start making those same choices everyday, I now know that there is still plenty of room to enjoy life and all the pleasures in it. That life is not always going to be denial.

I love my life!

Replies

• bethany7687
    Options
    Outstanding post. Congratulations. When we celebrate the non scale victories we reinforce our new lifestyle. Happy for you.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Amazing,
    Some times it is the simplest things that make us happy!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more.
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Even though you were having a good time, you sub-consciously still had your consumption in mind. Way to go!
  • susyj
    susyj Posts: 28
    Options
    :drinker: Fantastic post. A good reminder for us all. Life shouldn't be about guilt and denial. But keeping it all in check and perpective is essential to long term success. Three cheers to you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!