Question...

Options
Maybe I have missed the thread for this, but I was just wondering. When I add crystal light packets to my water, I log it into my food diary. Can I ALSO add that to my water intake as well?

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Maybe I have missed the thread for this, but I was just wondering. When I add crystal light packets to my water, I log it into my food diary. Can I ALSO add that to my water intake as well?
  • katfio
    katfio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say yes. I was just thinking about this, as I just purchased crystal light over the weekend. You are drinking water-- that's what it's made with. I also remember from back when I did weight watchers, you could count c.l., coffee, tea towards your water intake. - they are all water based drinks!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I would think yes, also. Its still water...

~Roni
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Well, I personally don't count any of those as water, because your body still has to filter out all the non-water parts, so you don't quite get the full benefits of plain water, but they do still help towards your hydration, so it's really up to you.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yes, it still counts as water. Even water that is in foods can count towards hydration. Any liquids, even soda's or coffee counts as liquid/water. The only caveat is that, if you're depending on your liquids from these sources, you should increase your daily requirements a little to help flush the extra "stuff" in those liquids. So, if normally you would drink 8 servings a day, make it 10 servings.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Yes. I count it towards my water intake, also.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I've been told that it counts as water but you should not have more than half of your water intake be with water flavorings. at least half of your daily water should be good ol' plain water :happy:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I've been told that it counts as water but you should not have more than half of your water intake be with water flavorings. at least half of your daily water should be good ol' plain water :happy:

This is a good idea. I only use 2 of those packets per day, one in my water with lunch and the other with dinner. All other times I drink plain water.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!:flowerforyou:
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    My doctor said yes you can count crystal light as water : )