Baked french fries

Options
fireflyangel22
fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
My new favorite recipie: baked french fries. Cut up a potato into fries. Spray potatoes on all sides with Pam cooking spray,or a little olive oil. Spread out on baking sheet and bake 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Flipping the fries half way through so both sides get browned. Sprinkle with a tad of salt! So much healthier than regular fries and just as yummy!!! ENJOY!

Replies

• monoxidechick
    Options
    I love using sweet potatoes as well!! So yummy! I am having the sweet potato ones for dinner tonight!!
  • cynchalax
    Options
    Another great tip is to microwave the raw fries for a couple of minutes in a glass bowl covered tightly with plastic wrap. Also, to heat up the (very clean) cookie sheet in the oven. When the fries hit that pan, they really crisp up. Microwaving helps make the potatoes creamy and soft. Yum!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    yummy idea, thanks for that...i love sweet potato 2, gonna have to try this one , thanks x
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    i make these all the time, add some garlic powder, paprika & black pepper. i mix them in a bowl with 1tbl olive oil & the spices so they are all coated before I cook them. my kids like when in cut them more on the thick side.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do this! I love them I put rosemary and some cajun seasoning and then once they are done baking I throw them in broiler for 2 mins to get crispy.
  • Irlmumof2
    Options
    Just to mix it up, we'll use different seasonings. I actually have garlic salted ones baking right now :) Using a little bit of fat (in the form of pam or olive oil) lowers the glycemic index.
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ropedancer
    ropedancer Posts: 115
    Options
    bump
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I also put fat free shredded cheddar cheese and Real Bacon bits on them and some Mrs Dash Herb and Garlic with a chopped few green onions . Turns them into a whole meal instead of a side plus it kind of feels like something I would get when I go out to eat. I have trouble getting any kind of dairy because I just dont like milk and cheese in general but its doable with this!