Wii Fit

Options
Does anyone know how accurante the wii board is for weight?

Replies

• Andy_Anne
    Andy_Anne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    From my experience, it runs about 1.2 lbs heavy... I weighed myself consistently for 4 weeks on there, at the gym I used, and in the nurses office where I work. The WII was always 1.2 lbs higher. However, if that's the only place you have to weigh in, it'll be consistent in showing results.
  • mickey120
    mickey120 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. The board is my only way to weigh myself since I don't own a typical scale. The other day I went to my doctor for my annual well visit and I weighed in at exactly two pounds more. Which is perfect since I had food in my stomach and was fully clothed. So as for me, it is pretty dead on.
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    We always use the wii fit scale and ours is dead on. We use it on carpet with the feet on. BUT if you dont have it on a flat surface or have the "feet" on it while on carpet it may be slightly off.
  • johndeereflgirl
    Options
    I have it on carpet with the feet on. Each day it is different then the day before either + or - and sometimes it is 3+ difference..
  • focusedfrances
    focusedfrances Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Since covering mine with a gel pad its waaaay off. About 5 to 10 lbs. I ignore the Wii's assessment of my weight.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on the wii balance board, so I don't know how accurate it is, but it is the weight I go by. If that is what you are going to weigh yourself with everyday I think that is what you should go by, but if you plan on weighing yourself with a different scale, then maybe try to see what the difference is on a particular day.
  • focusedfrances
    focusedfrances Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree with Loki.
  • johndeereflgirl
    Options
    Thanks everyone...=)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I have been using my Wii Fit board to weigh for just over a year now. I weigh on bare floor, in the same spot, with bare feet and wearing the same thing every morning. I can weigh myself 2 or 3 times just to see and it is always the exact same weight. When I use my bathroom scale it can vary but up to 3lbs within seconds. I love the wii board but agree once you use a scale, any scale stick to it and try not to add or remove any variable to get the most accurate weight possible.
  • johndeereflgirl
    Options
    I have mine on carpet...i weight myself 4 times placing it in different spots on the carpet and was from +3 to -3..I need to mark the carpet so it is the same spot..but on the graph regardless my weight is going down..
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    My Wii Fit is low by about 7 lbs.... but I think its our super plush carpeting. Makes it hard to do some of the exercises too... but I'm in an apartment so its not like I can change it. Any suggestions for stabilizing materials to put under it?

I want something that's not super heavy and won't hurt my feet...