Pet Peeve

Options
13»

Replies

• zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    ..., I can't stand hearing people breathe all together. LOL!

this is halariuos
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Oh, my father-in-law's jaw clicks every time he chews... when its quiet, it seriously sounds like the morse code and I wanna slit my wrists!!! Then my sister-in-law does this bizarre soft moaning sound when she chews (don't ask me... for the longest time I didn't even know where the noise was coming from) so between my FIL and SIL its like a symphony of strange/annoying sounds.... its a wonder I don't lose my appetite!!
    People who don't want to work for what they want.

Good one! I knew a guy like this!! He wanted everything but did nothing to get there. Then when I'd say "get a job" or "go to school (college), he'd say "why, so I can conform like the rest of society"... um...... LOSER!!
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    How about when people say "it's a mute point"? LOL

Ahhhh!!!! That annoys me too!! But, depending on who it is, I will correct them. CAN'T. HELP. IT.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    ...and taxes.
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    People who take pictures of themselves. Find a friend.
  • fallenmack1989
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is:
    -trying to talk to me or ask me something when I am obviously asleep and then saying "I told you that this morning!"

My mom does this almost everyday and it is sooooo annoying!!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    When people use "loose" when they really mean "lose" -- Can you tell this seriously bothers me by my signature? :)

I'm on the worst website for this.. Haha.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    *One of my biggest pet peeves is the way other people react to their pet peeves (sorry, my life does NOT revolve around pleasing you princess)
    * People who think that speeding/wreckless driving really is the RIGHT way to drive
    *People behind me who honk at me to go when traffic isn't even clear yet (because causing a huge collision won't make you late, right?)
    *Misconceptions about overweight people (especially children)
    *Parents who say they want to end bullying but then teach their own children to be intolerant
    *Unsolicited advice
    *People who think THEIR way is the ONLY way
    *Art-snobs, nerd-snobs, hipster-snobs, pretty much all snobs
    *People who think they are so intellectually superior that others don't know when they are being insulted
    *People who change their religion/political views/diet/sexual orientation/any given thing on a weekly basis then act like we are stupid for not following along.
    *Women on mommy message boards who are bat-**** crazy and will cyber-fight to the death over the most insignificant issues. The ones where anyone who doesn't do things exactly like they do is a bad mom or doesn't really love their kids or yada yada yada
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a pet peeve that almost seems to control you?

I try so hard not to be anal about it, but I absolutely cannot stand mouth noises. When I am around people and they are eating, I cringe if they make noises. If I am at home and my boyfriend is eating, I go to youtube and put in my earphones until he is done eating.

Really don't wanna be like that, but I don't know what to do about it? What is yours???

I hate chewing noises too. I can't stand looking over at somebody and seeing them smacking and chewing with their mouths open. UGH!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Mine is weird. I have an awful urge to correct people who use words incorrectly. Right now, I'm biting my tongue to tell my kid that you don't "unthaw" frozen items. :laugh:

My 49 year old brother still uses "unthaw" and "irregardless". Annoys the hell out of me.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    confession: I didn't know "unthaw" wasn't a real word.

Glad that education is paying off.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Mine is weird. I have an awful urge to correct people who use words incorrectly. Right now, I'm biting my tongue to tell my kid that you don't "unthaw" frozen items. :laugh:

My 49 year old brother still uses "unthaw" and "irregardless". Annoys the hell out of me.

Uggghh... "irregardless" is the worst! Sooo annoying!
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have way too many to list, so I will just list some regarding the gym.

Not signing up for equipment or staying on past your time. Not a big deal at the end of the night when there are plenty of machines to go around, but when it is busy.... respect the rules!

Not racking the plates. When you are done flexing, please put the plates back.

Leaving a dirty towel in the shower. No one wants to touch the towel you dried your @ss with. Toss it in the towel drop.

Locker room sausage fest chats. Want to talk to me about the sports or the whether? PUT SOME DAMN PANTS ON!!!
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand to hear breathing or have my husband touching me when I'm asleep....There is a dmz (demilitarized zone)in the middle of the bed, violate it at your own risk...

sorry to all you that can't stand noisy eaters, but.....I can't stand it when I'm just trying to eat my meal in peace and someone badgers me about making noise....I chew with my mouth closed, but sometimes I'm gonna make noise. I also have bad allergies and occasionally will need to breather while I have food in my mouth. (Can you tell eating noises is my sisters pet peeve, I wanted to smack her growing up....every meal I got called a piggy, sheesh)
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That is mine too! I "seen" is one of the worst!
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    When someone decides it's their job to make sure everyone knows and follows the rules. There is always one person in a group
    that decides they need to keep everyone else in line.
    When people leave notes for you, instead of talking in person when they have something negative to say. Or, notes in general,
    I don't like getting notes. I hate seeing a note left for me.
    NO NOTES!!! unless from children, I love cute notes from children.
    I've never noticed noises when people eat, so I guess this doesn't bother me, but now I'll be conscious not to make slurping sounds!
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    over the top nutso replublicans. the raping of our rights and country... to name one for example. and then it just gets into ocds and its .. too much to write.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Lack of restroom etiquette!!!

No, it is not ok to put a booger on the wall in front of the urinal! :sick:

I work in what is supposed to be a professional environment, yet I see this disgusting deed several times a week. :mad: