What is your favorite workout DVD?

Options
I have not been able to get to the gym & hit the classes this year. I have a great gym in the house but I find myself standing in front of the TV with my hand on my hip watching what that crazy Snookie will do next or some other junk TV show & working out during the commercials. Anyway, it's time to get a few DVDs. Recommendations? Could be toning, cardio or anything. Thanks.

Replies

• stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my all time, hands down, favorite work out ever! It's fun because it's dancing with some good music and I burn 928 calories in an hour doing it! I love it! If you have the Wii you can get zumba on that as well for cheaper than the zumba dvd's and it's still a great workout!!
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    I swear by Beachbody work out DVD's. Brazil Butt Lift, Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire. Jillian Michaels has some awesome workout DVD's. You may want to invest in a Kettle Bell, along with the DVD's. You can find the kelttle bell and workout dvd at Target.
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    I am loving my Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred dvd!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I have just about all of Beachbody's fitness programs but my fav right now is Turbo Fire.
    I just purchases INSANITY THE ASYLUM so we'll see if I have a new fav
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    what is a snokkie?? ...anyways go for jillian michaels and jackie warner
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels Fat Blast/Metabolism boost. About 45 minutes and sweat my butt off!
  • scubatahiti
    scubatahiti Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    P90X Plus Total Body Plus. That is a killer workout.
  • dallasleo
    Options
    I workout to Beachbody dvds. I have Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme. I love them both and have had tremendous results with both. I've also heard that Insanity and P90X were great as well. I'm buying P90X next.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I love the Davina dvds :)
  • bellisammom
    bellisammom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My best friend swears by the Jilliam Michaels last chance workout.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels Fat Blast/Metabolism boost. About 45 minutes and sweat my butt off!
    This is my favorite too!!
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansones DvD's and The Biggest Loser Dvd...
    They are Speed walking Mile at a time...And boy do I burn calories...
    Im disabled and I still burn calories...
    Leslie has alot of them out...So I never get bored...
    I do about 3 miles at a time in my livingroom, and it feels great..
    I hope this helps you....:)
  • coop644c
    coop644c Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    plyometrics p90x dvd very intense leaves you with a feeling of accomplishment and a little sore lol
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansones DvD's and The Biggest Loser Dvd...
    They are Speed walking Mile at a time...And boy do I burn calories...
    Im disabled and I still burn calories...
    Leslie has alot of them out...So I never get bored...
    I do about 3 miles at a time in my livingroom, and it feels great..
    I hope this helps you....:)

I just discovered some Leslie Sansone workouts on you tube. I LOVE THEM!! My favorite is the 5 mile walk. I also ordered the Walk away the pounds Ultimate Collection and I love the 4 mile super challenge. These in home cardio walks are so convenient especially when it's raining and you can't get out side. Yes I know it's not hardcore like P90x and all that, but it's fun and I love it!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    BEACHBODY! P90X and Insanity! Crazy workouts!
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love, Georges St. Pierre's Rushfit! It's a 7 disc series and is awesome!
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Turbo Jam is my favorite. I have the original ones and two for the stability ball. Great workouts even if you only have 20min.
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    I really like Richard Simmons Sit Tight DVD. This is a sitting-down exercise DVD that is great for someone who uses a wheelchair or has to sit down due to balance problems.
    I also like this DVD that allows you to walk 2 miles in your home. I think Leslie Samson makes it. You can do the walking exercises with a walker (this is what I do for balance).
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels, if you want to love/hate something! I love it cause it works...hate it cause it's hard.

For something more "fun" that is cardio I like Julianne Hough's Dance Cardio. Never gonna be able to do the moves like her, but I still do my own thing and definitely get my HR going.