Lent

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has given any temptation up for lent? What was it. How are you doing? And is it helping your diet?

I have given up cake candy and icecream, and have to rely on yougurt 100 cal for a treat. So I think it helps. So far haven't cheated, couple weeks to go

Replies

• FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I gave up red meat. TOUGH !!!

I swear I feel like i am going to turn into a chicken or fish !!! Gotta get that protein though.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I gave up sex. Talk about tough...LOL!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else has given any temptation up for lent? What was it. How are you doing? And is it helping your diet?

I have given up cake candy and icecream, and have to rely on yougurt 100 cal for a treat. So I think it helps. So far haven't cheated, couple weeks to go

All the things you mention are things you should not be eating in the first place. You are right to give them up. Don't stop after lent is over.
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I gave up red meat. I don't feel any different but hopefully, it will help lower my cholesterol.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I gave up sex. Talk about tough...LOL!

Survey Saysssssss !!!!! WRONG!!!!

That is a real sacrifice, but i guess that is what Lent is all about . lol

But Damn !!!! I don't know!!!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    I gave up sugary drinks: I used to drink 2 cups of hot tea (2 tsp sugar in each) in the morning and 1-2 cans/bottles of mt. dew a day! The I started MFP 2 weeks ago and added: going to the gym, and following a 12000 cal diet. With MFP I can now see what all that sugar was doing to my weight! And I can see how going to the gym helps keep the rest of it in check!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i gave up Facebook, Sex, Alcohol, and excessive spending!
  • kartunes
    kartunes Posts: 46
    Options
    I gave up junk food like candy, chips, pop, etc. In the first week in, I already forgot about it and didn't realize when I had purchased a root beer. I'm trying to do better though! Haven't had pop in a while..
  • dragonairis
    dragonairis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I gave up fries and fried zuchinni - stuff we would eat regularly. I took on trying to eat within my calorie limits. I've forgotten a few times, but the good thing about Lent is forgiveness. Is it making a difference? Absolutely! I feel sick after eating fries now - a great reminder I wasn't supposed to eat them! And Lent is long enough to make a habit out of all this.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I gave up the scale :)
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I gave up cheese. Its hard at times cause I used to eat it so much but I guess that's the point. It hasn't helped my diet and I had to find other sources of calcium but Easter's almost so I'll be alright! Lol
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Have you tried freezing your yogurt or buying frozen yogurt? Blue Bunny has a really good vanilla frozen yogurt for 90 calories!
  • Kimberly0829
    Options
    yum froze yogurt sounds good. I know of coarse you shouldn't eat candy cake or ice cream, ALL THE TIME, but it's okay once and awhile. I have had 2 birthday partys to pass, including dq ice cream cake
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Trying to eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones and trying to Eat Clean by eliminating most processed foods from my diet.
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    I gave up candy for Lent. I think I am doing a good job, despite one or two setbacks. I have saved money because of not wanting to go to the store to buy a Snickers or Milky Way.