Eating workout calories???

Options
So I did one of those calories calc deals and figured out how many calories I need to eat in order to hit a specific goal. I know there is more that goes into it but just to make it short, should I also eat my fitness calories? Thanks for any help!

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

:)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you're using MFP as intended with a goal rate of weight loss entered then I'd stick to the plan and eat exercise calories I do try to eat them when I work out I try for half of them anyway, but I haven't been working out that much lately. Now that the suns shining more I'm going to make that ramp up.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Yes. Assuming you gave an honest answer about your daily activity, MFP calculates weight loss w/out any additional exercise. So if you do workout beyond a "typical" day's activity, you should eat back all (or at least most) of your exercise calories to avoid screwing up your metabolism.
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    not if you want to lose weight!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You should make sure that your net calories meet your daily goal. If your goal is 1800, and you burn 500 working out, then you need to eat 2300 to net 1800.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!! I love that link......

BTW I eat almost all my exercise calories. This week I lost 2.5 pounds. I couldn't survive on 1200- 1300 calories working out. I normally eat 1580-1640 when I diet and that is eating most of my exercise calories back. The computer has already factored you losing weight by your goal. Maintenance for me is 2380. I might have did some extra exercise or just burn more fat at rest. I am supposed to lose 1.5 pounds per week give or take.
  • wmjrigo
    wmjrigo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOL! I thought that link was a joke. Thats the line I tell people when I don't know the answer.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I eat mine. I don't always eat all of them BUT I try really hard not to go under 1000 net calories. I do a lot of running and find that if I don't eat a little extra that my body has a hard time recovering from high impact cardio.

I wear a HRM when I exercise so I can accurately track my calories OUT. :heart:
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I heart that link.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

:)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wmjrigo
    wmjrigo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I think I haven't been eating enough calories cuz my weight lose has really slowed.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    awesome link!!