Heart rate monitor with accurate calorie counter

Options
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a HRM with a calorie counter in which I have to enter my age, weight, gender so as to get an accurate calorie count. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    I use a Polar FT7 - works great fo rme.
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4. Easy to set up, easy to use.
  • TheNewMe28
    Options
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a HRM with a calorie counter in which I have to enter my age, weight, gender so as to get an accurate calorie count. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I found one at CVS and it works great. You have to enter all that information and besides being a HRM it also has a step counter, clock, calorie counter, and more. It also works underwater up to 50 meters. Its great! I got it on sale for $34.99. The regular price is $49.99.
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    my husband just bought me one at CVS - its the S-Pulse digital watch
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    IMO, don't worry about heart rate.
    So many things can affect heart rate it's not really an accurate measurement.

Far more effective to just workout hard and eat right + proper timing. A good heart rate is:
    [not beating
    [here]
    exploding] :laugh:

Just get a feel for your body, it can tell you what it needs better than a watch can.
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline - it works great as a watch, timer and to check your heart rate - but the calories burned is all over the place - so if that's your biggest reason to buy one - skip this model
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it!