supplements

Options
just curious if anyone takes any supplements daily. i just take a multivitamin (Whole Foods 365 Brand, specifically for women). anything i'm missing? Omega 3's, B vitamins, whatever?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I only take a multi-vitamin. I used to take a B Complex as well, but it was really redundant when I looked at my multi. Omega 3s might be a good idea though as most of us get too few of them (me included).
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    If you are interested in adding supplements into your regimen, a good idea might be to talk with your doc. Find out what your goals should be and bring in the bottles you buy so that you aren't exceeding some doses in redundancy.

My doc and I came up with the following for me:

-Women's Multivitamin
    -B Complex
    -Cod Liver Oil
    -Vitamin C
    -Calcium w/ Vitamin D

Good luck to you and great job really caring about your health. :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i am way too inconsistent with vitamin intake, but this is what i take:

i multi vit
    vitamin B complex
    omega 3s
    vitamin D since I live in MS capital of the world
    calcium
    potassium sometimes esp if i find my muscles aching despite not working out significantly
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have allergies and high cholesterol. So, I take:

* Women's multivitamin (GNC brand)
    * Omega 3 Fish Oil (Triple Strength Gelcaps purified so you don't get fishy burps... this is important!)
    * Green tea caps
    * Acidophilus caps

I bought the first two from GNC, but after a recent terrible customer service experience I'll be looking for another place to buy supplements.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    I take Centrum Complete Ultran Men's Health and Caltrate Calcium & Vitamin D
  • gstrouphar
    Options
    Well, I've tried a ton of supplements over the years including Alli, trimspa, and a plethera of others.. I decided that I couldn't stay on that stuff forever so I have added some supplements that are GOOD for you. You can find really great things that naturally boost your metabolism, promote bone health and cell regenration!

Fish Oil
    Green Tea extract
    Magnesuim
    Calcium
    Super B complex
    and I also take a multi vitamin

Seems like a lot of stuff but the health benefis that each of them bring to you are great! I feel wonderful on them and know that I can continue to take them even after I reach my goal weight. Makes you feel good knowing that the next time you go to the Dr. and they run your labs you're all in check!

3543019.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter