Diet pills

Options
I was wondering if you take a diet pill like Phentermine, how do you meet your calorie goal? Do you try and eat your dayil calories or because of the pills do you eat when your hungry even if it is 2 times a day?? After a while wont your body go into starvation?

Replies

• NicoleYates
    Options
    i just started taking that on wednesday morning.... and, as you can see, i've already shed 12.2 lbs... i try to meet my calorie goal every day... but, i fell short today.... i need 1200 a day, and i only consumed 1006.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    I refuse to take any ttype of diet pills. seems like artificial assistance. i'm firm believer in losing weight the old fashioned way...........eat right, exercise. but to those that do take diet pills, best of luck
  • sarahsedaii
    sarahsedaii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try them. There is a place in town that it is only 30 bucks for a month. A girl at work took them but only took half a dose and lost a lot of weight! My husband doesn't like the idea, but .....
  • lpummell73
    lpummell73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i don't have any problem meeting my cal goal, somedays I do, but somedays I don't. they are a good start!!
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Please do not take that junk. You are poisoning your body and doing more damage to your metabolism. Long term weight loss can only be achieved by old fashioned hard work: exercise and viewing food as fuel. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck and be safe.
  • hlmpyar
    hlmpyar Posts: 7
    Options
    The problem with most diet pills is that they supress your appetite so you don't eat as much. As soon as you stop taking them you'll probably gain your weight back very quickly and then some. I am losing weight the old fashioned way as well, but in the past I have tried just about every diet pill on the market and there's not much difference between them. Best advice I can give is to train yourself to eat in moderation and eat right. It's will take a little longer, but you'll keep the weight off. And, as much as exercise sucks in the beginning, that will keep a lot of weight off too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's not a healthy long-term solution. I'd never be tempted.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I never trust anything that makes me drop over ten pounds in a couple of days unless I can name, feed and diaper the weight I lost. :-D
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I would honestly try to make sure you are hitting at least 1200 calories while taking these. Your body still needs key nutrients and minerals to physiologically and psychologically function effectively. I am sure that these diet pills will not provide these. Therefore I would make it a key priority to hit 1200 calories EVERY day!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • SaraD145
    SaraD145 Posts: 6
    Options
    I take Phentermine and all it does is keep you from snacking, it doesn't make you "not hungry" all day. Trust me, I still eat all my calories, when I work out - I eat my extra calories.
  • gstrouphar
    Options
    Over the years, I've tried just about every diet pill out there--some helped temporarily but then I started wondering, what will happen when I stop? So I've switched from the commercial wonders to more natural supplements that can have great benefits to your health and that can be taken long term.

Fish oil
    Magnesum
    Calcium
    Green Tea extract
    Super B complex

If you read up on some of this stuff you'll find that these natural supplements are great for boosting metabolism, promoting good bone health and regeneration of cells. I feel great, not jittery, and I know I can keep this in my plan forever! (And it costs way less!)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Please do not take that junk. You are poisoning your body and doing more damage to your metabolism. Long term weight loss can only be achieved by old fashioned hard work: exercise and viewing food as fuel. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck and be safe.

Exactly THIS.