Hypothyroidism

Options
Susay2942
Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
Looking for friends to help me with my hypothyroidism weight loss struggle !

Replies

• wises5
    wises5 Posts: 53
    Options
    i have it! add me
  • ladyshills
    Options
    I have Hashimotoes.... it is hard but it can be done..I've been on Weight Watchers for nearly 9 months & have lost almost 30 pounds. About 15-17 to goal & I plan on getting there!! Good luck- feel free to add me & ask any questions.
  • pbaker8307
    pbaker8307 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just found out a couple of weeks ago that I have hypothyroidism....add me.
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I suffer with the same thing and it seems like I have to work out twice as hard just to lose a lbs.. Will send you a friend request..
  • levans222
    levans222 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with it as well. You can add me...
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have it, too. I've been on Synthroid for a couple of years now, ugh.
  • Charlo8
    Charlo8 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've had Hypothyroidism for years but have it under control through medication. I've been on mfp since January and I've lost almost 24 pounds so far. I've lost weight through eating healthier and exercise. So it is possible to lose weight when you have hypothyroidism.
  • rainbow_dawn1990
    Options
    you can add me I have and I know how much of a pain it can be when u try and loose weight so if you need support or need to just talk I'd be more then willing to:)
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I have it also, you can add me. Ive lost almost 30 pounds so it can be done.
  • rainbow_dawn1990
    Options
    Same here I was diagnosed with it 3 years ago and I take Synthroid to!
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    here too have been diagnosed with it and Hashimotoes disease==add me
    it can be done --I've done it before
    but was just dumb --no excuse--just like to eat the wrong stuff
    so now it's time for a healthier me
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I just started on Levothyroxine in a very small dose, but it has helped. I was working on my diet, but coming off slow and since starting on medication weight loss is more steady and MFP has really helped. It's very possible just gotta watch things more closely. Good luck, my wife and I have found loitds of support here, MFP is the place to start.
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm another who takes Synthroid! I'm a little different though (ha), I was actually diagnosed with hypothyroidism while I was stick skinny, when I started taking Synthroid (small does), my hormones starting kicking in and actually started gaining weight and finally started to develop normally. However, its hard to tell that if my weight is an issue (i'm not overweight) but I have to be very careful or I can gain weight easily if I don't exercise and eat properly all the time. So I'm with you! =)
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism too and am on Synthroid, very distressing and depressing. The medication helps, but the pounds do pack on. The only thing we can do is fight the good fight and that is what I am doing now. I would love to have you as my friend and see what we can do to kick this weight to the curb.
  • jala9656
    jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have it. Take medicine for it. You can send friend request if you would like.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Mine used to fluctuate from overactive to underactive- and yes, that really screws up your metabolism, along with LOTS of other things, including blood pressure.
    I am happy to say that after years of this going undiagnosed, it only took about 10 weeks on synthetic hormone(the generic form of Synthroid) to get my levels in line- and I am praising God I'm no longer battling an uphill battle.

Feel free to add me to your list of supporters in this journey. I'll cheer you on~
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am with you all! Feel free to add me! It can be discouraging at times, but so worth the process!
  • faithgin
    faithgin Posts: 32
    Options
    Add me too, Ive been hypo for 9 yrs . and take synthroid
  • SindeeLucy
    Options
    Synthroid since 1992! Wouldn't look cute on a t-shirt, though...............

I'm new, looking for buddies.
  • pebblez719
    pebblez719 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have it too... Had it since I was 19 years old and was diagnosed in the military. Never had a weight problem until then. I was active, had lots of energy and could eat whatever I wanted. After taking synthroid, I gained 13 pounds in a month and have been up and down ever since. I HATE IT! That is why I am here. Feel free to add me, I think we all need all the support we can get. I know we can all reach our goals if we try and continue to keep going no matter what. The doctors said I will be on synthroid for the rest of my life most likely. But I refuse to let this slow me down anymore than it already has!