Ran 9 miles but i think im going to get fat!

Options
So I ran 9 miles today, didnt go over my calorie limit. But I ate 300g of carbs! some simple but some complex and 60g of fiber

Should I be worried?

I follow a low carb plan usually but it bothers me from time to time. Need some fuel for a good run

Replies

• fredam25
    fredam25 Posts: 2
    Options
    If you're running that much, carbs are actually a pretty good thing.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    one day of 300 carbs will not make you fat

9 miles is amazing, great job!!

you are under calorie goal, you are golden. Stick with your plan and be on goal as many days of the week as you can manage - carbs or not, as long as that cal. goal is good, you are set. :smile:
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    There is no way anybody can run 9 miles without carbs. 300g is not going to make you fat.

Stop worrying about your weight and be proud you ran 9 miles.

Great Job !!!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow - 9 Miles is certainly a success! Think about all the professional runners you see - they carb load before a big race - if you only eat higher carbs before running it's likely they're going straight to fuel and not being stored so you won't gain. If you started to eat that way everyday an didn't run so much or ate them and went to bed, then maybe more would be stored.

Here's another thing - if you continue to fuel your runs this way, keep an eye on your progress. If you notice you start to gain, cut back slightly until you see no effect. When Atkins type dieters go to maintenance, they add carbs back slowly over time until they see a gain, then they go back to the last number before the gain and they're able to maintain without worry! You just have to find your bodies sweet spot for carbs and I'm sure with all that running, you could probably double it and still not worry!