What to drink besides water

Options
Anyone know of anything else healthy to drink besides water? The bad thing is, I can't drink anything with the fake sugars in it.. Makes me really dizzy and naseaus..
I do drink water but sometimes I want something else with some taste :-)

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    have you tried the crystal lite stuff?
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Try adding lemon or other citrus fruit. One thing I like is cranberry juice, it's too strong for me so I delute it with water, makes for a great alternative than plain water.
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    Options
    coffee (not starbucks) is great if you can tolerate it with out all the sugars and sugary creamers in it. it has amino acids that help promote weight loss and the caffeine gives you a great kick in the *kitten* for energy. just remember you have to drink twice the amount of water that you did coffee to make up for the dehydration the caffeine gives you.
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    Tea. There are a variety of flavors to try.
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    You can make an herbal tea into iced tea! Something with a sweetness of flavor so you don't have to sweeten it, like the Peach flavor or raspberry or something. It's still water! just some good for you stuff added to it. Red tea is super good/good for you or white tea too. There's a lot of great flavors out there (but for a quality tea you'll probably pay a bit more). Otherwise you can squirt some lemon or lime juice into your water! How about a little mint with lime? yummy
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I drink tea. I don't use sweetener at all: some teas have herbs or spices that add a natural sweetness. At only a few bucks a box, I can afford to try new flavors.

So many choices: My faves hot are: green tea with citrus, earl gray tea, chai spice tea with a splash of 1% milk, some herbal teas (such as Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime). Iced I like: black pekoe tea (like Lipton's), fruity herb teas, mint tea.
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options

I SECOND THIS!!!

Green tea is especially good because it has tons of antioxidants, will help boost your metabolism, has 0 cals, and 0 sugars. It also comes in different flavors (like jasmine, yummy!!).

Then there is also black tea and white tea. You're pretty much guaranteed to find at least ONE flavor you like.

But beware of the bottled green teas (full of sugar and lack the antioxidants you'd get in fresh brewed tea). If you want iced tea, I'd recommend you brew your own and then stick it in the fridge/freezer to cool it off.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    water and more water!!! I love water!!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    decaf green tea
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Iced herbal tea is great and so very tasty. You can also make iced coffee and add some sugar free syrups for added flavor.
  • goldbull
    goldbull Posts: 9
    Options
    Celestial Seasons Apple Cinnamon tea. Wow!!! Mild at first. But, when you get towards the middle of the cup - rich & sweet. At the end of the cup...a suprising peppery, sweet party in your mouth.
  • hbeck0417
    Options

I SECOND THIS!!!

Green tea is especially good because it has tons of antioxidants, will help boost your metabolism, has 0 cals, and 0 sugars. It also comes in different flavors (like jasmine, yummy!!).

Then there is also black tea and white tea. You're pretty much guaranteed to find at least ONE flavor you like.

But beware of the bottled green teas (full of sugar and lack the antioxidants you'd get in fresh brewed tea). If you want iced tea, I'd recommend you brew your own and then stick it in the fridge/freezer to cool it off.

I third this!! Red raspberry leaf tea is great because it also promotes womens' health in a VARIETY of ways. Just remember it has to be Red Raspberry LEAF tea, that's the good stuff for your body.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of soda water (club soda). It can be high in sodium though, I get mine from Superstore in canada and it is low sodium. Also San Pelagrino mineral water is great.
  • addie807
    addie807 Posts: 32
    Options
    I drink milk... and a lot of it. I drink regular whole milk. There is also Soy Milk, Skim Milk, etc. There are protien drinks. You could make yourself a smoothie.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You're lucky that you have a bad reaction to fake stuff!! Dr. Blaylock asserts that artificial sweeteners kill brain cells. Yikes!
    I like a tea called Guayaki Yerba Mate (Gwy-uh-kee Yerbah Mahtay) or water with a squeeze of lemon or lime.
  • mmlunsford
    Options
    Thank You all soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! I will definetly give some of your ideas a try!!! Thank You again!