The effects of eating right (pics)

Options
Just wanted to show what a difference mindful eating can make. These photos are taken within a few days of each other. The bloated one was 3/31, after a couple of days of careless eating. (I get bloated SO easily). By midweek (4/4), just four days later, and eating better, things look so much better!! (**Sorry these are so huge!)

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    yeah bloating makes a great difference though it looks like you're posture is much more correct in the non bloat pic
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with you - my does look better in the second pic, probably b/c i wasn't feeling weighed down with tons of bloat!! When I feel that disgusting it's hard to hold myself up right! :wink:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Pic 1 says to me "Let's just curl up and die...." (that's how i was feeling, anyhow!) I took the pic to remind me not to lose track and start eating like that again.
  • allimac09
    allimac09 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am the same way! I can easily swing 5 lbs either way in a matter of a few days. It sucks because I had a really bad day today and I know I'll have to deal with it for a few days. Ugh... Best of luck to you!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I am the same way! I can easily swing 5 lbs either way in a matter of a few days. It sucks because I had a really bad day today and I know I'll have to deal with it for a few days. Ugh... Best of luck to you!

That's exactly what happens to me too! Glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks for the comment. ;)
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Well done on this. Like you I can bloat up and gain weight overnight. I know that my eating is the thing that will get me to lose these last 9lbs.

Thanks for the reminder
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics! What foods would you say contribute to you feeling/looking bloated? For me it's definitely gluten containing foods but I'm curious about other people.
  • LORR79
    LORR79 Posts: 55
    Options
    Im the same.

Last Sunday was Mothers Day and I had a Chineses meal and wine :blushing: On Monday I looked pregnant! After a few days of eating right my tummy went back to normal thank god :laugh:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Thanks for the pics! What foods would you say contribute to you feeling/looking bloated? For me it's definitely gluten containing foods but I'm curious about other people.

Yeah, it's interesting what does it for different people. For me it's eating too much starchy carbs with meat. Weird, I know. Meat with veggies, fine. Rice or potatoes with veggies- good. But meat and starch together - watch out! Which is too bad bc who doesnt like a steak and potato every now and then?