What do you do to avoid a fast food place?

2»

Replies

• If I go somewhere where I'd be tempted with fast food, I try and bring enough money just for the items I am going to buy at the stores I was planning on visiting, like the craft store or Goodwill store. This way, I don't have enough money to spend on fast food. I also bring other snacks with me like string cheese, cut up apples, granola bars, and baby carrots. Like everyone else, I too make sure I have lots of water to keep me full and hydrated while I am out and about.
  • crythreetears
    crythreetears Posts: 42 Member
    I just think about how bad it is and the calories are ridiculous!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Don't have to worry about it! I live in a town where the only fast food for 30+ miles in any directions is subway.
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    I literally have to drive by a McDonald's and Burger King every single day (they are 1/2 mile from my house)!

I haven't quite figured out a "trick", but when I drive by it I usually say to myself "McDonald's is horrible!" and I remember the last time I ate it and how awful I felt afterwards, lethargic and bloated. Just remember your goals and that fast food will not benefit you in any way!
  • Shortyburb
    Shortyburb Posts: 40 Member
    The only fast food Ill eat now is Subway. Ill do others every now and then but not often. I just think of the money I can save at home. Also I think about how much of my food is fresher at home verses fast food. I love having someone make my food for me so it really does appeal to me. Mcdonalds has disgusted me for years and years now. Maybe once a year Ill do there breakfast.

I think Supersize me is a joke since I recently watched Fat Head. To avoid fast food I think of the calories and carbs now.
  • jeyoung03
    jeyoung03 Posts: 83
    They are all over were I live. I just make sure to tell myself that I am saving money, and a lot of my calories. Most of the items I used to get at fast food places were about 500 calories, for one item! This is a good topic I was wondering how other people handled it as well!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    I don't have any tricks. I just have better things at home, and decide to eat that. I haven't really had any cravings for it at all.
This discussion has been closed.