I need a Yummy Enchilada Recipe!

Options
Hello Everyone!

So I was looking online last night for a really yummy enchilada recipe, needless to say I didn’t find one that looked that healthy. Does anyone have an enchilada recipe they would like to share? I love Mexican food and just can’t give it up so I’m looking to find a fairly healthy (and good tasting) recipe. I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween and resisted all that candy. I must say that I’m so proud of myself for not having one piece of candy on Halloween!! I had a whole bag of candy at my house and I took it to work today so it can stop calling my name at 11pm ha-ha! I feel like resisting these sweet temptations is getting easier every day 

Replies

• angela060
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

So I was looking online last night for a really yummy enchilada recipe, needless to say I didn’t find one that looked that healthy. Does anyone have an enchilada recipe they would like to share? I love Mexican food and just can’t give it up so I’m looking to find a fairly healthy (and good tasting) recipe. I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween and resisted all that candy. I must say that I’m so proud of myself for not having one piece of candy on Halloween!! I had a whole bag of candy at my house and I took it to work today so it can stop calling my name at 11pm ha-ha! I feel like resisting these sweet temptations is getting easier every day 
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Enchiladas (Vegetarian)
    Ingredients:
    16 oz can of fat-free refried beans
    1 cup (8 oz) cottage cheese (lower fat)
    1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
    ½ packet dried onion soup mix
    Canned Enchilada sauce (red or green)
    12 flour tortillas

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl combine beans, cottage cheese and 1 cup cheese; set aside.

3. Spread a small amount of sauce on a plate. Dip both sides of each tortilla into sauce.

4. Place about ½ cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla.

5. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.

6. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle with remaining cheese.

7. Cover with foil (that has been lightly sprayed on the side that touches enchiladas). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.

Yield: 6 servings (2 each)

Notes/Tips:
    * DOES NOT have to be vegetarian
    * Vary cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, etc.)
    * Use purchased enchilada sauce
    * Add other ingredients to filling (olives, chilies, green onion, etc)

This is the recipe I teach my students. It can be adapted a lot. I figure use Fat-free/reduced fat where you can, use whole grain/low carb tortillas, etc
    It's really good.
  • angela060
    Options
    Thanks I will try this sometime this week!:smooched:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    This sounds great ChubbyBunny:happy: Do you happen to know the nutritional info on it for logging it into our food diary? If not I could always try running it through the calorie counter....:wink:
    Thanks for sharing it!
    ~Roni
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I haven't put it in the database yet.
    A big reason is because it can vary soooo much.

Also, put the onion soup mix in the cottage cheese mixture, it gives it more flavor! You can add chilis too!