How do you recover from a BAD day?

Options
Hi all! Let me start off by saying I am NOT on here for a pity party. I'm just curious.

Well the weekends are always hard, but today was especially tough I went over my net calories by 300+. I didn't binge all at once or anything, I was just SO hungry all day! I'm not quitting or giving up, and I'm not even really looking for motivation. What I want to know is how you deal with a bad day? What do you do the next day to make up for it? Do you eat less? Work out more? Or just move on and forget about it?

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Just get back on track tomorrow, that's it. :)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    1st - start grabbing a glass of water when you go for a snack - it might help.

2nd - add more workout time. I just did so because I was going to be over.

Also, when you do snack, are you going for sweet items? If so, you may actually be putting the craving into your system which keeps it there - try low or no sugar snacks when you have the urge to eat. If you need a sweet, keep fruits on hand and add to your water. Frozen fruits do double duty here - frozen makes natural ice cubes, plus adds flavor...

Good Luck
  • bamagirl2020
    Options
    Thanks! I love your attitude about this. And one of my goals is to run a 5K too! Good luck with everything :)
  • bamagirl2020
    Options
    1st - start grabbing a glass of water when you go for a snack - it might help.

2nd - add more workout time. I just did so because I was going to be over.

Also, when you do snack, are you going for sweet items? If so, you may actually be putting the craving into your system which keeps it there - try low or no sugar snacks when you have the urge to eat. If you need a sweet, keep fruits on hand and add to your water. Frozen fruits do double duty here - frozen makes natural ice cubes, plus adds flavor...

Good Luck

I LOVE the idea about frozen fruits as ice cubes! I'm definitely going to have to try that. It sounds delicious. Do you have any suggestions for good sugar free snacks?
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    I would just forget about today and work on tomorrow. This is what my friend told me when I had a "bad binge day" two weeks ago, after feeling upset. The next day, I just prayed that I would stick to my goals and when I felt like I was slipping, I'd meditate. Meditation has helped me a lot lately.
    I also agree that drinking more water will help with slip-ups, because it will make you feel full.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Forget about today and work on tomorrow!! Tomorrow is a new day, regroup and focus! You can do it!
  • jazyjen
    jazyjen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My information would be to stick to protein based snacks which would curb your appetite. Insulin levels are effected greatly when we go after simple carb based snacks, things with sugar...even many fruits. Go for lower glycemic fruit choices like berries and add a little protein. It keeps you satisfied much longer. Nuts, cheese stick...these really help me!
    Just jump right back on tomorrow. I am having a rough weekend too. I do have the tools to succeed, just had a day when I went over. May even go for a brisk night walk before bed...but probably not! Get good rest and hit it hard tomorrow tiger!!
    Jen
  • bodzio4062
    Options
    Nice glass of vino, and ...and listen to a recording of "Don't worry, be happy" :). Tomorrow is another day - do better.
  • rainbow_dawn1990
    Options
    Well first off let me say you can have a pity party if you want were here for your support and if you need to let it then go for it I'm sure we understand what your going through...Now too get to the point If your having a bad week or weekend and its been a total wreck Do Not Look Back ON It! Just think of better possibilites thats ahead of you don't let the guilt get to you if you do ur just going to fade away so as simple as it is to say never ever look back at what was but whats going too be :) everything can be resolved and fixed even if its a weekend. Add me if you like I'm more then happy to be your support and give you pep talks!:wink:
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    actually i just had a day like this yesterday... so today i woke up and just went on with my day normally, my workout was normal, what i ate was normal, but I was more conscious of making healthy decisions. I didnt want to starve myself or workout like crazy so I was so sore that I couldnt work out tomorrow. Dare I say I may have needed to pig out yesterday in order to reset my mind. I think I might just add in a couple different things like extra walks this week or working out a little longer, but just really trying to focus on staying positive as much as I can.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    let the past be the past :) tomorrow is a new day, and just get back on track. in my pov, i don't think we should indebted to work out harder or eat less the next day to make amends for one bad day or meal. otherwise, you might come to resent the weight loss journey. if you do work out harder, i think it's good to do it because you enjoy the feeling you have after working out (stronger, more energetic, etc), but not because you feel obliged to. one thing i am learning is enjoying the freedom we can experience with food and exercise - it's great to let go of any feelings of guilt or shame, and to learn how to forgive oneself and let the past be the past. :)
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on it! Excercise hard! It will "wash away" what you ate and make you feel good at the same time. And get on track tomorrow, but don't make it an excuse to go all out today just cause you went a bit over.
  • bamagirl2020
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies. One bad day is not going to mess up all the hard work I've put into this so far. Tomorrow is a new day and it WILL be a good day! This next week is going to be the best yet.