Help! I am in pastry school!!!!

Options
Hi! I was on this site for a while, and I was doing OK. But I kinda "fell off the wagon". I didn't gain it all back, but I did gain SOME back. But I have and added challenge to my diet! I am currently in pastry school! Several days a week a spend almost 11 hours a day with sweets, and icings, and candies, and breads, etc. And we take home what we make! How can I still do my assignments, TRY (not devour!) what I make, and stay 100% focused on my goal?!?!

Any help would be awesome!!!!

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    bring it home and give it away good luck
  • Krahn1984
    Krahn1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Give your pastries to family & friends, they can take left overs to work! In my office, treats disappear quickly. Or host get-togethers at your house and serve them to your guest! Don't eat them all though - three frosted cinnamon rolls can ruin my diet terribly (1200 calories eeekk)!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I worked at an ice cream shop for 8 years.... after 1 year I couldn't stomach more then a spoonfull or so of it. Hopefully the same will happen to you!!

Until then - donate it to a foodshelf or shelter! They'll LOVE you for the fresh baked goodies!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I agree with several of the above ideas -- I was going to suggest donating your food to the homeless. But hosting a get-together at your house (weekly?!) could also work. But whatever you do, don't let all that food sit at home with you, that's just setting you up for bad news!
  • simplingrillin
    Options
    give it away or toss it.
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Agreed!

And you should plan your treats - so on the day or two of the week you want to treat yourself, plan your day accordingly:)
  • theaimster
    Options
    Oh, you will feel SO good giving your yummy foods away to people who will PRAISE you about them and will feel delighted that you thought of THEM. That would be an awesome thing to do!
  • nessarose994
    Options
    Those are all really great ideas! Thanks everyone!!!!!