not losing weight

Options
hi. i have been using fitness pal for about 3 months. after the first 2 weeks i lost 6lbs but nothing since and in fact gained this week. i feel really frusrtated about this. i have only occaisionally gone over my calorie goal and only by 20-30 cals. usually, especially on days when i excercise which is 4 days a week, i am a little under, not by loads though, maybe 100 or so. any tips please. thanks, glenda alison.:frown:

Replies

• Tootie0911
    Options
    this works for me:::: try burning what you eat.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You need to open up your diary so we can see what you eat and then tell you where you are going wrong.
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    im the same as you so i feel for ya i lost 7 pounds and ended up putting it all back on all i can say is to keep going and with the help of wonderful friends on this site it will help you get through this x
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    This has happened to so many people including me. I dont think it makes much difference what you eat except perhaps too much salt. If you eat less calories than you need you should lose weight. If you are doing exercise you will tone-up and lose inches as I have (14 in total).

Dont worry about the scales they are evil. Get out your tape measure. Stick with it, it will happen.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Don't trust what mfp gives u to eat and what it says u burn through exercise
    It overestimates my maintenance by about 300 and exercise by about 20%
    when I adjusted the figures I started losing weight again

I suggest reduce calories per day by 2-300 and log your 40 min exercise as 30 min
    Try for a week and see if that works
    Good luck