Sensa?

Options
mlb929
mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
Not for me :) Here's the deal - I've made my boss a $1,000 bet that he can't lose weight by July 4. He says he can be down to 180 by then - which is about 30lbs (he says, I have no idea, just know he's fat). I ran his BMI and it would take him being 174 to be in a "healthy" bmi, but he won't bet that.

So I think he is going to cheat :) He was watching an informercial on Sensa - the stuff you supposedly sprinkle on your food and eat whatever you want.

So now that I think he's cheating - has anyone used this product to lose weight? What were the results like. I honestly don't mind paying up if he wins, it would be great to see him healthier.

Frankly, I think if he gave up some of the beer, exercised at all (he just borrowed my P90X dvds, I'm waiting for him to ask which one to do first) and didn't eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream daily - oh and ate regular meals through the day (not coffee and red bull or diet coke), he would do this naturally.

Replies

• Liztancredi
    Options
    Sensa. Is sopposed to make you full fast when sprinkled on food. my friend did it and says it did work she lost 7lbs however, i personally wouldn't use it for the simple fact it's a chemical it is so not natural.. the best way in my opinion to lose weight is portion control, excercise, and drink plenty of water! Hope this helped :)
  • mlb929
    Options
    Sensa. Is sopposed to make you full fast when sprinkled on food. my friend did it and says it did work she lost 7lbs however, i personally wouldn't use it for the simple fact it's a chemical it is so not natural.. the best way in my opinion to lose weight is portion control, excercise, and drink plenty of water! Hope this helped :)

I just wanted to clarify, I know how to eat healthy. I've lost 40lbs total and change my diet and exercise plan to a new lifestyle. I'm just wonder if I need to worry about his cheating to win a bet :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Did your bet specify that he couldn't use any diet aids like Sensa? If not, then he's not cheating. ;)

But I agree with you that it's pretty pointless to go down the route of diet pills and the like. If he wants to throw away his money, that's his decision.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I did purchase the Sensa and totally regretted it. It alters the flavor of your food so you don't want to eat it. I would rather eat less and enjoy what I am eating. Not sure if it is dangerous or not but it is not desirable to use if you like you food.

Remember the tortoise and the hare ;)
  • mlb929
    Options
    Did your bet specify that he couldn't use any diet aids like Sensa? If not, then he's not cheating. ;)

LOL, OK, got me there somewhat - the bet was "get to a certain weight - and get healthy" - I still wanted to make him be in a healthy BMI - but he wouldn't do that. It's all in fun really. But I hate to see him lose it just to gain it back.