A little help please?

Options
Hi everyone,

I did my weekly weigh in this morning and my scale told me I have gained 3 pounds (on Wednesday I was still 221). Friday night I had a event (Relay For Life) and I could not eat like I wanted to. I had hot dogs and white bread (I know I know). My mother told me that the food I was eating that night builds up a lot of fluid in your body because of the salt. So I think I still dealing with the effects of the food I ate. Kind of discourage but I know I can shed those pounds back off with no problem, but I wanted to see what you guys think?

Replies

• wannaloseit
    Options
    Of course you can get rid of it! If you are retaining some excess water try diluting some apple cider vinegar (about a tbs) in water and drink. Its gross, really gross but helps. Doesn't it seem like at an event like RELAY FOR LIFE they would serve healthier food?? This world is so backwards!

Good luck!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Your mom is correct. It is water retention. One night of bad eating doesn't result in that much fat gain. You don't have to do anything but go back to the way you were eating/exercising before the night in question. The water weight will come off.
  • jemmott223
    jemmott223 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It can be a challange to stay on your meal plan if there are no healthy choices. Try to focus on the meaning of the event. Socialize instead of eating. When you do eat drink plenty of water with your food. That will help curb your appetite. If you feel you need to do something with your hands, sip on a glass of water.
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I keep protein bars with me for situations like this. It helps to get you out of a tight situation, plus they fill me up so much that I have no desire to eat anything else!
  • PreciousTreasure8117
    PreciousTreasure8117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will take in all of your advice and use it. I will definitely make sure I have some snack bars on me just in case! Thanks!